Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 08:53 PM

Default Brutal Beating Of Detroit Nursing Home Patient Captured On Video

What the he!! is wrong with people. This scumbag filmed it and posted it on Youtube.

An arrest has been made in a shocking case, after video of the crime went public.
Detroit police said Thursday that a 20-year-old man was arrested for the assault and battery of an elderly man at a nursing home on Detroit’s west side.
Earlier, a video of the brutal attack was posted on social media and shared several times by concerned citizens; some of whom called the police.
It's alleged, police said, that the incident occurred on Friday, May 15, and that both the 75-year-old victim and the suspect are patients at the nursing facility, located in the 16500 block of Schaefer.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries. The suspect was taken into custody at the nursing home and transported to the Detroit Detention Center without incident, police said.
Detroit Police James Craig said the investigation is ongoing.
"What our investigation has revealed so far is that the nursing home was unaware of the assault, until they saw the video," Craig said at a press briefing. "We're still investigating that aspect of the case, but there is a suspect in custody."
No names have been released.
Detroit police thanked the Ann Arbor Police Department and the Washtenaw County Sheriffs for their help with the case.

Here's the link with the video posted on Twitter by actor James Woods.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...61902686236672
Old 05-29-2020, 09:03 PM
Banned

Too sick for words!
Old 05-29-2020, 09:04 PM

I want to end that punk.

Now
Old 05-29-2020, 09:07 PM

The nursing home said they knew nothing of it? What the hell did they think happened to him - slipped in the shower?

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 05-29-2020, 09:08 PM

With the cluster going on in Minnesota, this story certainly didn't get a lot of media attention. What a mess. Elder abuse is a big problem that is rarely mentioned, and they have very few people advocating for them.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
With the cluster going on in Minnesota, this story certainly didn't get a lot of media attention. What a mess. Elder abuse is a big problem that is rarely mentioned, and they have very few people advocating for them.
Black guy beating a Whitey, not the way it's supposed to happen, so it gets a pass.

Grizz
Old 05-29-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Black guy beating a Whitey, not the way it's supposed to happen, so it gets a pass.

Grizz
The only colour I saw was red....
Old 05-29-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:

Grizz
This post wasn’t to highlight “color”, but awareness of how much elder abuse goes on in the world. Just another back page story that doesn’t get a second look.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:03 PM

And where are the protests over this?? Society is disgusting!
Old 05-29-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
This happened better than a week ago I believe. There was plenty of time for this to be brought forward before the current idiocy started. He also beat an elderly white woman there and not just this veteran.

Osky
Old 05-29-2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
And where are the protests over this?? Society is disgusting!
Tunnel vision. Plus mainstream media won't give it the time of day, its simply not the right narrative for them politically. Same as how they don't cover the number of US cops getting murdered frequently, or cover minority-on-anybody-else crimes with the same pot-stirring motives.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:23 AM

Evil animal, sickening.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-30-2020, 07:47 AM

You can bet if that was a white worker beating on a black senior the mainstream media would have it all over the news and there would already be rioting and looting, and cries of discrimination and racism, don't you know only white people can be prejudice.

This sick animal should be just exterminated, he will never change his ways.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
You can bet if that was a white worker beating on a black senior the mainstream media would have it all over the news and there would already be rioting and looting, and cries of discrimination and racism, don't you know only white people can be prejudice.

Sad but true.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
This post wasn’t to highlight “color”, but awareness of how much elder abuse goes on in the world. Just another back page story that doesn’t get a second look.
Well, if it had been the other way around, the activists would have been all over it. You can see enough of the old person to see he or she White. Point being there is an agenda out there and some people tend to look past the obvious, because it doesn't fit theirs. The real issue is Elder abuse, and I suspect there is a lot of it, just not as blatant, look at the developing scandal in Quebec nursing homes. Tough to beat cases like Lizz Wettlaufer who managed to kill 8 patients and was only stopped because she confessed on her own. Heard an interesting comment the other day, from somebody with an East Indian accent, who still have a culture of looking after their parents in a family setting. Drop the old folks off at the home and they're a government responsibility, but there is no support for people looking after them in their home. Death before Depends , as my Buddy keeps telling me.

Grizz
Old 05-30-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Well, if it had been the other way around, the activists would have been all over it. You can see enough of the old person to see he or she White. Point being there is an agenda out there and some people tend to look past the obvious, because it doesn't fit theirs. The real issue is Elder abuse, and I suspect there is a lot of it, just not as blatant, look at the developing scandal in Quebec nursing homes. Tough to beat cases like Lizz Wettlaufer who managed to kill 8 patients and was only stopped because she confessed on her own. Heard an interesting comment the other day, from somebody with an East Indian accent, who still have a culture of looking after their parents in a family setting. Drop the old folks off at the home and they're a government responsibility, but there is no support for people looking after them in their home. Death before Depends , as my Buddy keeps telling me.

Grizz
Unfortunately you're right on this. If I hadn't seen a link posted on Facebook, I wouldn't have seen it mentioned in the Canadian media. I had to go to the US Google site to find any news reports, most of them being local Detroit stations.

But the thug beating this guy isn't as bad as some of the care homes in good ol Quebec, where the residents were abandoned by the staff, locked up to die laying their own excrement.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:38 AM

I worked in extended care homes for 16 years doing regular maintenance and repairs as their plumbing service contractor, to the point where I was given my own set of keys to one of them. What I would observe in there showed me that I will never want to be in one myself. People ringing their buzzers all the time, taking forever to get assistance. Granted some residents just sit there buzzing their button all of the time anyways. Then there are the aggressive residents, the residents with a bit of Tourette’s, the residents who are openly racist to their caregivers, etc. There were times that the residents with dementia would be too close to the door and their bracelet would engage a proximity-triggered magnetic lock on the door, I would initially wait for a staffer to move them so that I could exit; after a spell I became comfortable in gently leading them away myself, but it’s such an uncomfortable feeling to physically move someone, even if you’re being very gentle. And that home was probably a good one compared to many.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I worked in extended care homes for 16 years doing regular maintenance and repairs as their plumbing service contractor, to the point where I was given my own set of keys to one of them. What I would observe in there showed me that I will never want to be in one myself. People ringing their buzzers all the time, taking forever to get assistance. Granted some residents just sit there buzzing their button all of the time anyways. Then there are the aggressive residents, the residents with a bit of Tourette’s, the residents who are openly racist to their caregivers, etc. There were times that the residents with dementia would be too close to the door and their bracelet would engage a proximity-triggered magnetic lock on the door, I would initially wait for a staffer to move them so that I could exit; after a spell I became comfortable in gently leading them away myself, but it’s such an uncomfortable feeling to physically move someone, even if you’re being very gentle. And that home was probably a good one compared to many.
I worked in a couple homes over the years. Obviously No physical abuse is
acceptable. It’s very difficult to manage to look after 100 or more elderly, incontinent, confused people. I really think the answer is to provide funding for families to look after the elderly at home. All of the “poor” countries are doing it and so should we.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post

In the United States last year the figures show that fully 90% of interatial violent crime was black attacking whites.
It certainly isn’t reported in the same degree.

Osky
Old 05-30-2020, 10:41 AM

To add a few deaths on top of the horrible injury....

Did you know?

"The young man, who has not been named, was transferred from an Ann Arbor hospital to Detroit’s Westwood Nursing Center last week after contracting the coronavirus, his father told local media. He later appeared in disturbing footage repeatedly punching an elderly man in the face. While the suspect has since been arrested for the assault, it remains unclear how or why he ended up at the nursing home in the first place, given that seniors are among the most vulnerable to the lethal illness."

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 05-30-2020, 10:42 AM

must be a couple white supremacists with an empty bed in their cell.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-30-2020, 11:59 AM

We've probably all had that conversation about what is the worst way to die.
Drowning. Burning to death. Plane crash. etc.
I swear my greatest fear is ending up in one of those hell holes.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
x2
Old 05-30-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
Extended waterboarding, but with a cafeteria/dining room.