Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-20-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Yup. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of fishers who use the area now would be "fine" with a complete fishing closure as well.
You quoted and asked me. I answered. That didn't help your agenda so now you direct to everyone else. Thanks for proving the point that you have none.

How about Jasper? Any thoughts yet? Pretty much the sweetest place to fish in this province. Why? No ATVs allowed and destroying the place. A great example of what things can be.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
So why is mr. Finch fixated on only one source? True science explores all possibilities does it not? I'm assuming mr finch knows how to use the google as well(or better) than you do, and could have found these studies before he wrote his article to ensure all factors were discussed. Or is ther another reason he wrote it,,,,,,,
A little late to the discussion, but I saw this comment and burst out laughing.

Hey 'Joe' - you do know what Lorne Fitch is most recognized for in Alberta, right? He was the driving force behind the highly successful "Cows and Fish" program in Alberta, which was a collaborative project to engage ranchers and acquire provincial conservation resources to protect and restore impacted riparian habitats. It is highly recognized as one of the big "win-win" conservation movements in Alberta, gathering many well deserved awards and accolades.

Anyways, since you clearly know about Google, please look it up - I think you owe Lorne an apology for your off-the-cuff criticism and inflammatory (and ironically inaccurate) statements.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Yup. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of fishers who use the area now would be "fine" with a complete fishing closure as well.
I think the majority of anglers would not be happy about it, myself included, but would accept it as being necessary for the recovery of the fishery in question.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 AM

For those that are interested "Back Country Hunters and Anglers" is an organization you might be interested in. Here is a link to their mission statement, the rest of the site can be accessed through the link as well.

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/mission_and_values

Thomas Sowell