Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Default WTB #330 Conibears

WTB #330 conibears, PM with quantiy and price, thanks.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 AM

Default 330's

Ha I just picked up another dozen from Halfords in Edmonton. If ya hurry they still have 3 super X's left in stock.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:11 AM

Got another dozen from trappergord store. They even delivered to the Drayton pot luck. They have lots in stock.
Doug
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 AM

Default Thanks for the reminder.

Awe,,, I wish I'd remember Gords store ,, I keep forgetting he has one ,, Halfords shelves are near looking like mother hubbords cupbord every time I go in there!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Banned

I thought the ATA's store was up and running. Aren't all us trappers suppose to support them?

As far as Halfords I'm done with them. They refused to donate anything to our Club function citing the above being the reason.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=outdoorsmen101;1397778]I thought the ATA's store was up and running. Aren't all us trappers suppose to support them?

How long have you been hiding in the Twightline Zone ,,,Bud ?????
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM

I think he means the ATA store is no longer an ATA store. As I understand the store has been leased out to an individual. I think the way it works is that if the association tries to have a business that takes cash, employees have been long suspected of not being compatible with that cash end of the business.

I guess it could have worked if they would have taken credit card, debit card or cheque only.

Funny that personal cheques would have proven safer than cash??? When does that happen?

(twilight zone perhaps???)

Too bad, it was an excellent concept and did bring the ATA many $$$$$$$ over the years.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=KI-UTE;1400280
Too bad, it was an excellent concept and did bring the ATA many $$$$$$$ over the years.[/QUOTE]

But that was when the ATA was run by Trappers...individuals who looked after the ATA's interests first, not their own..
Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 AM

And that is simply your opinion, not everybody elses. Generally it is best to keep such opinions to one's self.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Banned

This is the only place where any trapping issues can be raised any more...If you have been around for any length of time, one can see where the ATA is headed. It has even be proposed that anyone trapping in AB., will have to be a member of the ATA. or they cannot trap. That is scary, not to have a choice or a voice that willl be heard. Certain issues that were raised at the AGM were stated to be nonissues, guess by whom. Cabin policies, those pretaining to size, etc. were swept under the table by being declared - grandfathered. THe list goes on and on, with those wanting a line, agreeing with GAG.
Damn rights, this is my opinion, and numerous others have voiced their displeasure over the years and have had their pp's slapped, now they don't give a damn and carry on without the ATA. I'm afraid more and more will go that direction unless we get back to basics.
Don't bring up the store fiasco, unless you want the whole floor writhing with wiggly worms..
Slam me if you like, it will be just like the present prov. election "debates".
Just fall in line and listen to the directives or you are a bad soldier....
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 PM

Hey... Anybody out there got any big connibears for poor mr johoson who has been the lastest hijack victim on the board???

I got a few 280's, is that of any interest to you or do you have your heart set on 330's?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM

Johoson, the ATA store is stocked by different consignors. My wife and I support the ATA in many ways so do not feel guilty about buying supplies somewhere else, however we never leave there empty handed. We find the easiest and most painless is to order from the trappergord store.
Good luck
Doug