Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-21-2016, 10:02 AM

Default Fly In Fishing Lake

Looking to take some customers to a fly in fishing trip in Alberta or Sask. We want to fish primarily for walleye and have a crack at some big pike. A chance at a trophy fish would be nice however we are looking to keep busy catching fish. Will gladly enjoy a day of fishing and catching any size. Shore lunch is a must. Welcome any suggestions of any type of fly in fishing location. Appreciate any feedback
Old 03-21-2016, 10:05 AM

There are a lot of different lakes with a lot of different prices what's your price range how many days how far away lots of great lakes in Northern Saskatchewan for just that kind of fishing
Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 AM

If you're looking for Alberta you could try Winifred Lake Island Lake Andrew lake lodges
Old 03-21-2016, 10:41 AM

Winefred is not fly-in nor do they have guides or shore lunches. It's a great lake but very difficult to access 4x4 definitely needed. Never been to Andrew lake but sounds like what you are after. I was at Reindeer lake - Arctic Lodges last year, and while we didn't catch many walleye, the trophy lake trout and Pike fishing was second to none. It is fly-in, shore lunch, top quality lodging, I would say for a work venture would be an amazing experience.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:14 PM

Shadd Lake Cabins was pretty to us last year. Fly in from laronge sask. Price was decent as well, shore lunch included. You can get the all inclusive deal or cook your own breakfast and supper. They will bring your alcohol in as well.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:01 PM

Black Bear Island Lodge is a fly in out of La Ronge, and is located on the Churchill River. We went last summer, had good fishing with a shore lunch every day.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:06 PM

Give Dan Wettlaufer of Andrew Lake Lodge and Camps a call. He is the owner and pilot and has several different options that he can offer for your group. Just click on his link at the top of this page; he's been a sponsor of this site for many years.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:39 PM

Default Fly in fishing

Tapawingo lodge would cover all your points. Piker
Old 03-21-2016, 04:00 PM

save a lot of money and catch larger on average fish than the fly ins go to lake newell.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:49 PM

Default Fly In Fishing Lake

Tapawingo lodge is nice, but it's the only one I been to so I can't compare. The fishing was unreal. I caught so many walleye one day I lost count. Caught my biggest fish there. The only thing I didn't like was no fish cleaning stations, they made you clean them in the boat out on the lake. Which is not to bad on a sunny calm day but rainy windy day it sucks.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:03 PM

Cree Lake lodge in Sask.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsledder View Post
Tapawingo lodge is nice, but it's the only one I been to so I can't compare. The fishing was unreal. I caught so many walleye one day I lost count. Caught my biggest fish there. The only thing I didn't like was no fish cleaning stations, they made you clean them in the boat out on the lake. Which is not to bad on a sunny calm day but rainy windy day it sucks.
They have fish cleaning stations now. Built them last season. Dad has our tripped booked up there again this year. I can't wait.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro