Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-10-2020, 05:08 PM

Default Hunting licenses sold out.

Stopped in at the local Hone Hardware to pick up my deer tag, and they said they were sold out. WTF! That’s a new one, how can they not be given everything they need to provide you with a hunting tag? What a screwed up system. Might as well just go out a hammer anything if the government can’t even keep up their end of the rules.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:13 PM

Sold out? They probably just ran out of the green tags. The store's fault, not the government's.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:25 PM
Banned

Covid people
Every Tom dick and Harry are buying tags to “fill their freezers”
Old 11-10-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
Sold out? They probably just ran out of the green tags. The store's fault, not the government's.
Yea, but it sounds better when you say it’s the governments fault. It gets everyone up in arms.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:52 PM
Banned

Everyone I know that hunts has mentioned how busy it is out there.

Just like the spring, everyone was on the bandwagon of gardening. Drove the wife nuts.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:20 PM

We were out all day today and only saw 2 other guys hunting

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:41 PM

Was out yesterday with a friend ,saw one other hunter truck,all day , haven’t seen a lot of hunters in the area we go to compared too other years
Old 11-10-2020, 07:11 PM

You could always just order the tags online and buy them on relm. It’s pretty simple.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:17 PM

Default Calgaree

I have extra blank tags you can have. I hope they are generic to everybody or else the system is useless
Old 11-10-2020, 07:32 PM

My whitetail area was quieter than last year, much to my surprise.

In 160 for my mule deer draw every man and their dog was there. I actually saw a guy with his dog there carrying a scoped rifle. I know the rules changed and was not sure how it applied to this zone so I didn’t care.

I wouldn’t bring my dog deer hunting cuz I know some idiot would shoot him. “Oh look, a golden floppy eared wolf! I better save that guy who he’s close to!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2020, 07:34 PM

If you need a few blank tags I have some you can have in the Sherwood Park area.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 11-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Stopped in at the local Hone Hardware to pick up my deer tag, and they said they were sold out. WTF! That’s a new one, how can they not be given everything they need to provide you with a hunting tag? What a screwed up system. Might as well just go out a hammer anything if the government can’t even keep up their end of the rules.
Nice rant, wait for the season to be open and complain that one store you stopped at is out of tags. This happens every year at some stores, I had to go to to a few back in the day. Well hello, I learned from those mistakes thus my tags are on the dresser bought weeks ago.
Hope you find what you want and good luck out there.
WDF
Old 11-10-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:

If your in Calgary I got a few blank tags I can give you
Old 11-10-2020, 08:55 PM

Order 10 tags online before the season starts and but the licences online
Old 11-10-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Order 10 tags online before the season starts and but the licences online
Yep that’s the ticket!
Old 11-10-2020, 11:18 PM

LOL.... yup, gotta be someone else's fault, always is...
Old 11-11-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevarm guy View Post
LOL.... yup, gotta be someone else's fault, always is...
Good Lord, agreed ,this brings to light one of my favorite lines from work.

"Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"
Old 11-11-2020, 07:22 AM

The one licence vendor in our twin had their licensing computer take a nose dive.

We just went to one of the other 3 vendors in town.

Town of 7500 people, btw.

There are no absolutes
Old 11-11-2020, 08:54 AM

Smile Hunting licenses sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
Nice rant, wait for the season to be open and complain that one store you stopped at is out of tags. This happens every year at some stores, I had to go to to a few back in the day. Well hello, I learned from those mistakes thus my tags are on the dresser bought weeks ago.
Hope you find what you want and good luck out there.
WDF
Yep, you are absolutely right. No doubt, it’s my fault for not already having what I need for sure. I had shoulder surgery two weeks ago and didn’t think I’d be able to get out at all, but it seems to be getting a lot better and hopefully I can get the last few days of the season in. I’d have to shoot with my other shoulder but that’s fine. I usually have my tags the day they come out. Our local vendor even teases me about it sometimes. I guess I’m just getting cranky sitting here looking out the window. Neighbours have been out and they say they haven’t seen hardly anybody hunting in our area. Good luck to everyone this season. Be safe.

Last edited by trigger7mm; 11-11-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Hunting licenses
Old 11-11-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Do you know anyone who may have an extra tag that hasn’t been added to a license yet? I ordered a dozen earlier in the year then just buy my licenses online. I didn’t use all of them myself but I had two friends phone in a panic just before Undersubscribes opened because they realized that you needed to have a tag to buy a license. I just texted them a pic of the tag so they had the number, put it in a ziploc with their name on it and then gave it to them at a later date when we met up. Both of them are hunting moose right now on a tag I gave them and wouldn’t have got the Undersubscribed licence if I hadn’t had the couple extra tags because the licences sold out in about 7 minutes this year.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Yep, you are absolutely right. No doubt, it’s my fault for not already having what I need for sure. I had shoulder surgery two weeks ago and didn’t think I’d be able to get out at all, but it seems to be getting a lot better and hopefully I can get the last few days of the season in. I’d have to shoot with my other shoulder but that’s fine. I usually have my tags the day they come out. Our local vendor even teases me about it sometimes. I guess I’m just getting cranky sitting here looking out the window. Neighbours have been out and they say they haven’t seen hardly anybody hunting in our area. Good luck to everyone this season. Be safe.
Glad to hear your shoulder is better. I just checked to see if I had any spares, nothing. Hope you find some soon as they should be moving good after all this crappy weather.
WDF
Old 11-11-2020, 10:32 AM

Place I bought mine were out of wires, no big deal, since I had some from last year. Said she'd ordered them a few weeks ago, but delivery was slow.

Grizz
Old 11-11-2020, 10:54 PM

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Did the same thing a couple years ago and tried to shoot a moose at 100 yards using other shoulder. Didn’t realize changing shoulder throws off accuracy of rifle, missed twice. Good thing moose was patient, gave me time to switch to bad shoulder, one shot and job done. Just a heads up.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:01 AM

Didn’t realize there was a deadline to pick up your tags,like the OP mentioned he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to hunt this year,no different then someone having to work then getting some time off at the last minute. I don’t see how anyone can rag on him when he went to a place that is suppose to sell licenses and tags. The place I hunt is a town of a 1000 with only one vendor after that the nearest place is 50mins away so it’s not just as easy as going to another 3 vendors in town. AO at its finest of course,nice to see other guys offer of blanks tags though. Good luck this season,hope the shoulder heals up good for you.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:51 PM

i placed an order for a bunch of blank tags and they arrived within a few days. Just need to plan ahead a bit.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter4ever12 View Post
Didn’t realize there was a deadline to pick up your tags,like the OP mentioned he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to hunt this year,no different then someone having to work then getting some time off at the last minute. I don’t see how anyone can rag on him when he went to a place that is suppose to sell licenses and tags. The place I hunt is a town of a 1000 with only one vendor after that the nearest place is 50mins away so it’s not just as easy as going to another 3 vendors in town. AO at its finest of course,nice to see other guys offer of blanks tags though. Good luck this season,hope the shoulder heals up good for you.
maybe because he didn't mention the shoulder thing until the day after his rant?