Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-19-2013, 04:19 PM

Default Where to Stay in Cold Lake?

Planning to stay overnight in Cold Lake for ice fishing , just wondering where is the good place to stay? Appreciate any helps!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil_Can_Yakker View Post
Planning to stay overnight in Cold Lake for ice fishing , just wondering where is the good place to stay? Appreciate any helps!
Dont want to steal thread but i would also like to know a decemt and cheap place to stay!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:52 PM

Dock side inn, Western budget, Ramada, Best western, Lakeland inn(good breakfeast)
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 PM

Kings Court Motel......it is decent and cheap!!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 PM

Ramada or Best western, they are more expensive but nice beds and get free contenental breky, which are pretty good. The BW has the Sawmill steakhouse in it, which is expensive as hell, for a little meal, but you can have a couple beers and not have to worry about driving!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM

I would be curious as to a safe place to stay ....I recently stayed at the El Lobo? and it was pretty crappy served the purpose and had really comfortable double beds, but were surrounded by oilfield workers and were warned to lock everything up really good as theft was a major issue there.....I think I am going to invest in a locking tonneau cover just for that reason.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 PM

Just stayed at the dockside inn nothing fancy but did the trick 103 dollars two beds left all my gear in the car didn't have a problem
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
I would be curious as to a safe place to stay ....I recently stayed at the El Lobo? and it was pretty crappy served the purpose and had really comfortable double beds, but were surrounded by oilfield workers and were warned to lock everything up really good as theft was a major issue there.....I think I am going to invest in a locking tonneau cover just for that reason.

Yah cause those oilfield workers are all thieves,, they steal stuff so they have money for their jacked up trucks and to buy crack right,, lol..

The whole area is very busy it will be tough to find a quiet place but I wouldn't worry about it to much it's no worse than any other place, lock up your stuff you won't have a problem.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
Yah cause those oilfield workers are all thieves,, they steal stuff so they have money for their jacked up trucks and to buy crack right,, lol..

The whole area is very busy it will be tough to find a quiet place but I wouldn't worry about it to much it's no worse than any other place, lock up your stuff you won't have a problem.
Wasn't worried about the oilfield workers ... never said they were thieves ... Forgot how you always misinterpret ! They are the ones who warned us.....my point was that it was really busy and had diesel trucks idling everywhere, lots of noise and theft was also a concern.

Thanks for your input though!!

Last edited by Mike_W; 01-19-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:10 PM

I'm guessing that walleyes didn't get out fishing today so he's in a bad mood
Old 01-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Wasn't worried about the oilfield workers ... never said they were thieves ... Forgot how you always misinterpret ! They are the ones who warned us.....my point was that it was really busy and had diesel trucks idling everywhere, lots of noise and theft was also a concern.

Thanks for your input though!!
If I misunderstood you I apoligise,, if you read your post one can see how it could be misunderstood.

Richmuiz,, stuck at work again for the next 2 weeks so no fishing for me for a few days,, well unless we lose something down hole then I get to go fishing for tools lol..
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM

thanks for the input guys!!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
Exactly!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K View Post
Exactly!
Watch out you will have nothing left, Those rig pigs will take everything from you to put on there 85 k trucks.