Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Default Thevies at Crawling Valley derby

Took the day off on friday got to the lk early picked a nice spot to camp and fish in witch i call seagull islands on the east side of the lk.that night i was joined by a couple of friends that also set up a couple of campers all of our campers were aprox 100 yard from each other to cover a nice big bay.we stayed up till around midnight then all went to bed around 2am fast asleep i heard a truck driving right my camper where my generator was running got up fast turned on my light and the truck took off very fast.told my buddies that i think someone was going to steal my gen last night they said i was just paranoid it was just a truck lost betwwen the islands i found it strange that a truck took off so fast well saterday night came and i said to my buddies iam putting my gen infront right by my door so if someone wants it they have to b pretty brave to get it in the middle of our camp.again around 2am i saw the same truck pull up behind my camper looked couldnt see my gen then took off really fast this
time waking up my buddy who was camping more to the middle of the lk about 10 min later my buddy was outside taking a well u no lol when he saw the same truck movine at a high rate of speed no far from his camper then a big bang and saw something fall out of the back of the truck in the mourning my buddy came and got me and told me that there was a 5500 watt gen by his camper i went over and helped him hall it by his camper i said i bet someone stoll it lets phone the derby officials and get it back to the owners the derby guys came and pickrd it up said no one has reported it stolin yet maybe someone just lost it but i new better i new that that truck i saw was up to no good.3hrs later a coulple of nice kids came by i saw they had the gen in the back of there truck the young man said yes it was stolin right out of there truck that they parked a ways away from there camp cause its very noisey the young man gave us a bottle of baileys for first grabbing the gen and then
n turning it into the derby wow how low do you have to b to steal from people now i no i was not paranoid and my gut feeling was right atleast the group got there gen back it was a little damaged but still running from now on i guess its chains around all my stuff from now on!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:47 PM

Other then the gen theft how was the fishing..

Maybe your buddies were under the covers and could not hear the truck drive by.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:46 PM

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! Didn't stay on the ice. Stayed in Bassano. Had I been on the ice, there would have been a high speed chase and a story in all papers in Southern AB.

For Gramps:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=84903
Old 03-07-2011, 07:08 PM

Sounds like the fishing was the shots...well hope that fun was had by all..
Old 03-07-2011, 07:50 PM

Do you have a vehicle description? Might help for future BS like this.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:44 PM

ya sorry guys the truck was a big black chevy with 4 x 4 sticker on the box it also had lights on the roof.other then the theft it was a good derby not alot of fish caught but my buddy was in 3rd for a short time.the two buddies i was fishing with both have campers on there trucks and my truck was still hooked up to my trailor or beleve me i would of chased after the truck for a little pay back.PS gramps iam not talking to u anymore or should i call u no show but i did win money off of u so thanks for bailing again lol
Old 03-08-2011, 06:46 AM

That sux that you can't leave your stuff IN YOUR CAMP for a friggin weekend anymore.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Bet the guys were out fishing with everyone and no one even knew.

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 AM

Thank you very much for finding my buddies generator. Yes it was stollen right out of the back of a truck at our camp. I have been going to that lake for a long time and have never had this happen from now on every thing will be locked down. Thanks again burbot king
Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM

Wow... more balls than brains on someone.

Man, it's getting harder and harder to have faith in people these days when stuff like that goes on. I do hope the theft was reported to the RCMP? Not that I expect them to do much since the property was recovered but a crime WAS committed.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM

When my buddy and I were at the Badger derby I even commented about how someone would have to really stupid or have massive cahones to try and steal someone's gear at a place like this. At the quonset there were always trucks with augers and genny's in the back. Could you imagine hearing someone yell "Hey,that guy just stole my auger!" and there's a dozen fellow icefishermen around? Not pretty.

I am more than certain that a thief; if caught stealing a guys gear out ice-fishing, will be the one frantically trying to call 911.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 PM

Surprised no one has came up with the idea that if your dumb enough or lazy enough to go fishing you should just expect stuff like this and it is your own fault for being out in the great outdoors
Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 PM

I really believe that there is honor among fishermen, these guys were no fishermen.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM

Chains, chains, chains. learned this lesson once. Locks and chains. Amazing how someone always wants someone elses stuff.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
Surprised no one has came up with the idea that if your dumb enough or lazy enough to go fishing you should just expect stuff like this and it is your own fault for being out in the great outdoors
spoken like a true THIEF... i have no use for people who steal from others... if you're too lazy to work and buy your own you should expect a good ***** wuppin if you steal from the wrong guy
Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnschmidt View Post
spoken like a true THIEF... i have no use for people who steal from others... if you're too lazy to work and buy your own you should expect a good ***** wuppin if you steal from the wrong guy
Irony: The use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of the literal meaning.

I think that's what he was going for.