Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

Default 2 trout pond reports

on friday went to lamont pond for first time and was surprised by the almost totall lack of previous ice activity and at how quickly the bottom drops off from shore. water very murky. got skunked.
on saturday went to vegreville pond for first time. this is my selection for a go-to pond for beginners and people with kids. the water bottom drops off quickly but the water is cloudy.the nice thing about this pond is that the road is close to the water and encircles the entire pond giving you a big selection of spots and quick access to your vehicle. caught 8 smaller trout 10"s within 2 hours and was getting bites regularly the 4 hours i was there. no big ones but i have it on good authority that their there. the family group that set up 15 FEET away from me were catching small perch on a regular basis and the 4 other groups i checked with were catching lots of small perch with their trout.
p.s. anyone having wild hog problems let me know. i have to get one by august for a pig roast for our 100'th year family reunion.