Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2017, 12:30 PM

Chiarelli is all but disappeared since the start of the season. His focus during the off season was signing McDavid and Draisaitl, and it is like he forgot about the rest of the line-up. There were quality d-man and forwards available this off season and some them a hell of a lot better then Jokinen at about the same money; Cammalleri, Stafford are couple that come to mind. Hell Iggy would be at least picking up a couple goals. He knew Sekera was out for at least 2 months and did nothing to address the top 4.

I posted this 2 pages ago...... Chiarelli might be an AO member or at least looking for ideas anywhere possible. I like the Cammalleri trade. We needed a shooter from the wing. We seemed to be getting lots of shots from the blue line, but they are real low percentage opportunities. He may take Letestu's role on the 1st PP.

I was at the game with my daughter last night and it was a lot of fun. Expected a little more physical response from the Knights and Engelland should have stepped up. Neale's lame attempt at a late hit on Benning is a great indicator or why he is moved so often... some guys just earn the trade with their winning personality.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I like the Cammalleri trade.
I like it from Edmonton's perspective, but don't really get why LA made the deal. About the same age and money, but Cammalleri has more G, A, PPP, higher ATOI, more SOG and hits. Seems like the stats guys made this trade.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I like it from Edmonton's perspective, but don't really get why LA made the deal. About the same age and money, but Cammalleri has more G, A, PPP, higher ATOI, more SOG and hits. Seems like the stats guys made this trade.

Sutter made this trade, no room on his team for guy that doesn't play defensive hockey. Although LA has 2 cups in recent years, they are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Sutter made this trade....
Sutter was fired back in April.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
lol yup and he was the coach not the GM, classic wealth of knowledge from a coilers fan.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
lol yup and he was the coach not the GM, classic wealth of knowledge from a coilers fan.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:16 PM

It’s too bad the oilers can’t play expansion teams with 5th string goalies and the Calgary shames all season......
Old 11-15-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
It’s too bad the oilers can’t play expansion teams with 5th string goalies and the Calgary shames all season......
Right!? Then McDraiNugent would seriously rock the stats!!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-15-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Oops, goes to prove I have not seen an LA game yet this year. Man win 2 cups, and then fall out favor that fast, tough industry.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Oops, goes to prove I have not seen an LA game yet this year. Man win 2 cups, and then fall out favor that fast, tough industry.
It's ok, I know you Oilers fans were too busy booking appointments to take one for the team to pay attention.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-15-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post

I knew he was coach there bud. If you think Sutter or any other NHL coach does not have significant input in line ups and trades that shows YOUR wealth of knowledge regardless of what team you cheer for
Old 11-15-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
It's ok, I know you Oilers fans were too busy booking appointments to take one for the team to pay attention.....

Just looked it up, John Stevens took over and he has been Darryl's assistance the whole time. I doubt the defensive systems or style of play has changed that much.

Regardless, I think it is a good and smart trade for Oiler's and does not look like a desperation move and they didn't need to mortgage the farm.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Just looked it up, John Stevens took over and he has been Darryl's assistance the whole time. I doubt the defensive systems or style of play has changed that much.

Regardless, I think it is a good and smart trade for Oiler's and does not look like a desperation move and they didn't need to mortgage the farm.
OK, without all the bipartisan hacking and abuse....I think it's a good move too. Cammelleri is a wild card for the PP at least and he will bring a great offensive edge to the PP.

I am still hoping to see six Canadian teams, or more, in the first round of playoffs. Even if one of those teams is the hateful Oilers......

Old 11-16-2017, 05:30 PM

Gonna be a test tonight to see if they can string a few games together.

Go Oil Go!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Gonna be a test tonight to see if they can string a few games together.

Go Oil Go!
Let's go Oilers....

*clap*clap*clapclapclap!

So, did you, you know, take one for the team today? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 PM

I gonna "drink one" for the team. I'll be pouring a rye and 7 for the face-off shortly.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:37 PM

Huh. Well, that didn't go so well. But don't feel bad, not every team is going to beat the Blues this year, they have a great team. No, it takes a really really good team to beat the Blues.....yessir......

Old 11-16-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Huh. Well, that didn't go so well. But don't feel bad, not every team is going to beat the Blues this year, they have a great team. No, it takes a really really good team to beat the Blues.....yessir......
And if it takes a really really good team to beat the blues it’s going to take the very best to beat that team.......
Old 11-16-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I gonna "drink one" for the team. I'll be pouring a rye and 7 for the face-off shortly.
Should have had more than one I guess.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:

They looked good in the first, but their energy tapered off in the second and third. But line one is beastly as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 10:23 PM

Had really good tickets but the wife and I are both ill so I sent my niece and nephew, as he's a huge blues fan.
Couldn't have worked out better.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Yep,

The only real upside to our game last night was that Puljujarvi had a great game and looked like he actually belonged in the NHL.

The amount of missed passes last night killed us and the Klefbom/Talbot goal was just bad. We never mentally recovered from the 3rd goal and were asleep on the 4th.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:17 PM

ever since draisatl slept with darnells sister its probably been a different dynamic in the dressing room. trade nurse because we all know they aren't trading draisatl
Old 11-17-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
ever since draisatl slept with darnells sister its probably been a different dynamic in the dressing room. trade nurse because we all know they aren't trading draisatl
What?? Is she a weather girl by chance?

Old 11-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
WHAT ??
Old 11-18-2017, 02:39 PM

Well that game was closer than the score would suggest, really. Just keep showing up, sooner or later those losses will be wins, stay positive!

*clap*clap*clapclapclap!

Old 11-18-2017, 03:18 PM

I don't really know what deals the GM tried to throw together, but in reality, the Oiler's management messed up, big time. You draft who is typically regarded as one of the top two players in the world, have him on an entry level deal for three years, and do absolutely nothing with that cap space and the entry level deal. Throwing in Leon, is is going to get easier now that you still have those same two guys, but instead of paying them $1.86M last year, or $9.43M this year, they are going to get paid $21M next year? Maroon works well with McDavid, I get it, but prior to playing with McDavid his career year was 34 pts. According to DailyFaceOff, Caggiula was on McDavids RW today. His career high, 18 points. One of the best players in the world, and they are sticking him with guys, in their career years playing with out McDavid, have a combined 52 points! Points wise, that would be like sticking McDavid with Sam Bennet and Matt Stajan. I honestly don't understand how anyone cheers for this team, I really don't.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:50 PM

*crickets*....

Old 11-18-2017, 04:52 PM

Past the 20 game mark now. Oilers have not improved. Disappointed, would be understatement. Barring a miracle, they will not make playoffs. Nothing else to say.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Gone Hunting

There is something big time bad in that dressing room. I'm not sure what it is, but until it's fixed this team, as it now is, will go nowhere