Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned

Default Lac La Biche and area lakes

Just an up date for those that care... Fishing on Beaver is slow but steady if you can stand the mosquito's and fish flies (they are unreal this year).. There are some decent fish to be had but like said they are slow,, don't know why ??? The water temp seems to be good in the 65-68 deg range but feeding seems to be slow. The water has yet to clean up after the thaw so maybe that has something to do with it ??? We are coming in with a decent count for an evenings fish say 10 -20 for 2 guys in a boat with 1 or 2 keepers but that is slow for Beaver for this time of year... Jig tipped minnows seem to be the ticket..
Jackson, Kinnard, are a little better but also off and on the brother in law and i were out last Tues and we did quite well on Jackson trolling Wally Divers,, jigging was terribly slow,, again I don't think they have schooled yet from the spawn.. The nephew did well 2 nights before on kinnard jigging leeches we tried on Tues but it was very slow so again they are off and on.. We were able to put 4 over 52cm in the boat off Jackson out of about 20 fish so it was not a bad day..
The fish are their you just have to be patient and I expect them to get better in the next 2 weeks...
Tight lines to all...
Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Lakeland Provincial Park

Heading into the Park later this week. How are the trails getting into the lakes?. Will be hauling in a tub trailer with quad will a guy have any problems with the mud?.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned

Trails are very good into the lakes from the Touchwood lake side,, you could drive a car in there,,, unfortunately ....
Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Blacket

Same with the trail into Blacket?. Thanks for the reply
Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Banned

Not sure what trail into Blacket you are referring to ??? there is a backway into Blacket (from behind my house) but I would'nt attempt it. That trail is wet and dirty and the beavers have a couple nasty damns on it.. And it is not a designatted trail in the park and its not worth the work.. You are better off to boat in down the river from Kinnard...
Old 06-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Blackett

Its called Blackett Lake trail and it starts close to Pinehurst from what i can tell. Its a designated trail from what the map shows. Have you tried Blackett this year?.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

I beleive the trail you are referring to is a winter access trail,, but I could be wrong.. At any rate like I said it is wet in the area and if I were you I would plan on going in from Kinnard..
And I have not been into Blacket since ice fishing it at the end of March but I would suspect it would be decent..
Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Thanks Walleyes. I think we will venture the trail. I almost hope it is in bad shap hopefully take the preasure off and even have the lake to our self.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

The press is always low on Blacket in the summer do to its access.. Please let me know how the trail was when you get back and had to turn around and come in from the other side Make sure and take you're hip waders, lots of tow rope, maybe an extra winch and oh yah atleast one Honda
Old 06-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the update walleyes! I fished Garner on the weekend and the pike were certainly active but the walleye are not yet. From my experience I usually find that the NB1 area is about 2 weeks behind the Edmonton area. By the father day weekend it is usually good all around.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:17 PM

Ive got the 500 Rubi other two guys ride Suzuki and yamaha i will be doing alot of pulling im sure. Got the waders in the quad box already, thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

Just wondering how you guy's made out fiveo did you venture into Blacket or not... And if you did how was the trail from the Pinehurst side...I heard that the lakes were extremely busy this weekend.. The nephew went into Jackson on Sunday and he said there had to be 40 vehicles at the staging area from the Touchwood side,, what a shame what a mess the government has made of those lakes.. They will never be the same...