Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2018, 07:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
As much as I have hope for this technology, having seen the video, I believe it failed. Had the person been at the controls, I don't believe she could have stopped in time. A dark figure, in the dark, walking briskly into oncoming traffic, she was doomed no matter what.

But that the car did not sense her, and apply the brakes, again it would have been futile, but it should have responded.

FAIL.

It is interesting that they commented on the person looking down. She was looking down for too long, relying on the technology, but how many times do all of us glance down, for this or the other thing. If you just happened to glance down for a second in this scenario, you wouldn't have seen the person in time to even reach the brakes.

We've got to do better.

I pass so many vehicles with heads down...10,20,30,40 yards of completely not knowing thier surroundings....drift over, hit a bike, pedestrian or head on into a car....sad but very true...look at the people at a set of lights next time...heads down....phone in hand so technology is gonna kill us and then as it developes safe us as in fully automatic jump in voice your destination, turn on a movie and arrive alive....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...