Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
No, I try to keep my distance from outfitters. You are definitely correct on that one!

In roughly 7 weeks of hunting time, that means you are averaging about 71 birds a day. If that's a normal day of hunting, you are doing it right. Snows are a different story, the guy I originally posted to lives in Calgary...not too many snows coming through here.
I guide Kyle. And I said so further up in the post.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 PM

It isn't too hard to average 71 per day with 8 hunters. like I said you average duck limits on most days.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
No, I try to keep my distance from outfitters. You are definitely correct on that one!

In roughly 7 weeks of hunting time, that means you are averaging about 71 birds a day. If that's a normal day of hunting, you are doing it right. Snows are a different story, the guy I originally posted to lives in Calgary...not too many snows coming through here.
Kyle...do u think there is a chance that these outfitters may have 3-4 guides working for them so they can make a go of it?....so 4 guides X 4 hunters, plus the outfitter with 4 for the day...do the math.....geese in the morning, ducks in the afternoon......
Old 10-22-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Kyle...do u think there is a chance that these outfitters may have 3-4 guides working for them so they can make a go of it?....so 4 guides X 4 hunters, plus the outfitter with 4 for the day...do the math.....geese in the morning, ducks in the afternoon......
Ducks in the morning actually. Kill em in the small water when they are sleepy and dumb! LOL

But yes the numbers add up quickly. Like Nube said, 100+ guys and 24 ducks each. Plus the geese that guys shoot too.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 PM

I just been hunting on weekends and with friends theirs been almost 600 killed over my decoys so far this year I'm sure their will be close to 700 after this weekend if not more that's half of what some outfitters I know kill in a season.

Tags
birds, hunt, waterfowl