Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-12-2023, 10:48 AM

Default QAD hunter rest

Curses!!!!

After 13 years, my QAD Hunter gave up on me today. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but the thumb lever would lift the arrow into shooting position, but the rest would not stay in shooting position. Could still shoot it - drawing back the rest would pop up the arrow and then shoot as normal.

I'm wondering if someone has had this same issue and if it just needs cleaning or something simple?

In the meantime, I'll place an ad looking for a gently used one.

J.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
Curses!!!!

After 13 years, my QAD Hunter gave up on me today. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but the thumb lever would lift the arrow into shooting position, but the rest would not stay in shooting position. Could still shoot it - drawing back the rest would pop up the arrow and then shoot as normal.

I'm wondering if someone has had this same issue and if it just needs cleaning or something simple?

In the meantime, I'll place an ad looking for a gently used one.

J.
Contact QAD directly. I had a QAD stop functioning, they had me cut the launcher bar and send a photo with the serial number. Mailed me a brand new QAD no questions asked. There CS is great.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:53 PM

Do the QAD rests have lifetime warranty?
Old 02-14-2023, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Contact QAD directly. I had a QAD stop functioning, they had me cut the launcher bar and send a photo with the serial number. Mailed me a brand new QAD no questions asked. There CS is great.
UPDATE:

Thanks to Brendan's Dad's advice, I've been emailing QAD. Apparently I was incorrect in my initial post; I do have a QAD Ultrarest HD and not the Hunter Version. All rests with the exception of the Hunter Version have a lifetime warranty. We're working on a solution now.

To those that PM'd me with solutions, I will follow up IF QAD doesn't come through.

J.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:32 AM

Default Thanks

That is great information, I run an Ultrarest too and will keep that in mind if I have any trouble with it. Appreciated
Old 02-14-2023, 06:58 PM

And one final update on this.....

QAD suggested a visit to a local dealer that carries QAD products. So a quick trip down to Jim Bows Calgary and 10 minutes later, a brand new QAD rest is on my bow ready to shoot a few. Jim Bows staff even took the time to replace a worn D-loop that I've been watching but wondering how much longer I can get away with it.

Awesome customer service by both QAD and Jim Bows!!!! And the people at Jim Bows even kept me entertained and distracted enough that I couldn't buy anything else, so now I still have $ for Valentine's dinner.

J.