Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenbeers View Post
I am going to head out there in the afternoon tomorrow and fish until late. Hopefully the weather will be nice and the bite will be on.
where you going to fish?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:22 PM

i've tried by the boat launch twice with little success any other areas anyone could recommend? It was my first two times out, wasnt sure if further south would be any more effective. Talk to one gentleman that told me south of the dock is dead, when i came back a few hours later he took off driving south lol.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Default Poor Jeff

Seems the wife outfishes him every I go out with him too. Maybe we should get Tony to drop off that pink fishing rod and see if the luck changes....
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
where you going to fish?
I will likely start near the boat launch. I will be driving on the ice and I do not have a tent so I will just be hanging out near my car. It is a black Chevy Cobalt.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
I will likely start near the boat launch. I will be driving on the ice and I do not have a tent so I will just be hanging out near my car. It is a black Chevy Cobalt.
actually im thinking of getting a cobalt. i will definitely have room in my tent. so stop by if you see the blue tent. just dont pull up right beside. I have a tendency to drill holes everywhere around my tent
Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
actually im thinking of getting a cobalt. i will definitely have room in my tent. so stop by if you see the blue tent. just dont pull up right beside. I have a tendency to drill holes everywhere around my tent
Not to mention your scared of vehicles on the ice you wuss.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
Not to mention your scared of vehicles on the ice you wuss.
No its not that I'm scared of vehicles on the ice. Its that I don't trust the people driving the vehicles. I had my truck on the ice tuesday at pcr. But there was no one else on the lake. Just takes one guy driving too fast too close.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Banned

anybody have any idea what the weather/ wind is like out that way the last day. driving into work i heard that south of high river has been terrible with wind and blowing snow to the point of white out. might reconsider my venue tonight
Old 01-21-2011, 09:37 AM

The wind was very bad yesterday. My camper rolled over yesterday but very lucky we are safe. there was black ice and strong wind yesterday between 527 and Nanton.

Jeff, it was a pleasure metting you at PCR. the camper you saw Wednesday has a lot of damage inside I think I will throw it to the dumb if it will cost me a lot of money to fix it )

Last edited by skiwili; 01-21-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:41 AM

Wow, sorry to hear that! Glad everyone is ok and I hope the damage isn't too bad.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwili View Post
The wind was very bad yesterday. My camper rolled over yesterday but very lucky we are safe. there was black ice and strong wind yesterday between 527 and Nanton.

Jeff, it was a pleasure metting you at PCR. the camper you saw Wednesday has a lot of damage inside I think I will throw it to the dumb if it will cost me a lot of money to fix it )
thats crazy. i know its warmer out there right now but it is supposed to snow this afternoon and all night at weather network is reporting 33kmh winds right now and forecasting 25km winds all day. wonder what it will be like there
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwili View Post

Wow that was yours in the ditch then. I drove home to Claresholm last night from High River at 530 and between Cayley and Parkland, there was 6 rollovers. Not just driven into the ditch, but rollovers. I have never seen that many on that stretch of road. Glad you guys are safe and uninjured.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:05 PM

Yes the road was crasy but my friend was going over 80 km/h and I told him to slow but he didnt listen. The camper I think is not worth to fix it but I will still go fishing. I will be shooping for Ice Fishing Tent soon.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM

That sucks man Glad everyone is ok. We should head out together sometime.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 01-21-2011, 01:12 PM

I drove from stavely to calgary yesterday around noon and the snowing was blowing bad but it didnt seem too slick. Until just before Nanton where i saw 3cars in the ditch right before nanton with people still in them so pretty recent, then another 2 after nanton including a semi that jack knifed, half in the ditch and half blocking one lane. There was a ton of blowing snow until the highriver overpass, then it seemed to clear up. Crazy weather
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 PM

A huge semi truck flipped and it was a pretty big mess on the hwy.

No burbots were biting tonight. I caught lots of walleye and some of them were the smallest I have seen out of there.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

how was the weather? we ditched out because we had some house **** to deal with and didnt want to risk the weather either. stavely was reporting 41km/h winds when i last checked before we decided to stay in town. i figured the pcr would be slightly windier
Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
A huge semi truck flipped and it was a pretty big mess on the hwy.

No burbots were biting tonight. I caught lots of walleye and some of them were the smallest I have seen out of there.
I said they hate full moon.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:24 AM

Just got home from pcr. I drove over to the boat launch and saw alot of traffic, so the gf and I decided to try near the bridge on the west shoreline. We fished in about 18 f.o.w. and landed 10 average sized walleye, although we did have action all night, just couldnt get them up the hole. We fished from 8 p.m. to 11:30.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
how was the weather? we ditched out because we had some house **** to deal with and didnt want to risk the weather either. stavely was reporting 41km/h winds when i last checked before we decided to stay in town. i figured the pcr would be slightly windier
The wind wasn't so bad in the evening. For some of the afternoon the wind was crappy from about 1 until 2.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:04 PM

Fished the north end and it was pretty slow we managed to ice 4 small burbs, 1 walleye, and one of the smallest pikes i have ever seen. started fishing around 8am, fished a variety of depths from 7-25ft, and one hole produced the majority of the fish.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 PM

was out tonite for a few hours with a bud and our young boys south of the launch. wind gusted up pretty bad just after 8 and were chased off the lake. managed to salvage most of the gear and both tents. the little guys were together in one of the frabills and got a little excited when it started lifting of the ice! i'm down at least one rod and reel....not certain exactly which one yet but my buckets hold 9 and i came home 8...if there's an honest member who comes by one lying on the ice tomorrow down at the end of the lake shoot me a message. iced only a couple eyes tonight, missed a half dozen on the dead sticks, no eelpout.