Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM

Default PCR Maps

Had a slow day at the office, and decided to start some maps for PCR. These are not complete. When they are actually completed I'll just replaced these files with the completed ones, so the links will still work.

The maps are 8.5 x 11" and are in PDF format. Clicking on the link will allow you to view the PDF. You'll have the option to save or print the document.

Please note that the .PDFs that are not identified as "Low Res" are very large: 20 megs or so. The "Low Res" files are much smaller (in bytes, not printed size) and are not as clear (but they're still legible).

Also, it would be great if anyone has any good "kid friendly" locations along the shore that I could add. Not looking for your "honey hole" . . . just a good place off of the dock for kiddies (and fishing newbies) to catch some fishies.

Oh, those orange lines are roads (no legend for those yet).

PCR Aerial Mosaic & Access Map
PCR Aerial Mosaic & Access Map (Low Res)
PCR South Aerial Mosaic
PCR South Aerial Mosaic (Low Res)

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 PM

Smile

How do we add a "kid friendly location? I have one that's good. If you look at the very south west tip of the reservoir. The shape is kind of like a boot. At the toe of the boot is a bay that is nice and sandy. It's great for kids to paddle around in. Just towards the tounge of the boot from the toe is a point. There is a spot just before the point that is a good kid friendly location to fish right from shore.

I hope you can understand this. I think I confused myself while writing it out.

Rob
Old 12-16-2009, 08:03 PM

the whole dock area is kid friendly, except when some poo for brains goes ripping by throwing 3 foot wakes in the no wake zone another plus for hardwater season, yayyy

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-16-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
How do we add a "kid friendly location? I have one that's good. If you look at the very south west tip of the reservoir. The shape is kind of like a boot. At the toe of the boot is a bay that is nice and sandy. It's great for kids to paddle around in. Just towards the tounge of the boot from the toe is a point. There is a spot just before the point that is a good kid friendly location to fish right from shore.

I hope you can understand this. I think I confused myself while writing it out.

Rob
Oops. My bad. I should have indicated that I'll need to add the locations. I built the maps in ArcGIS, and then I exported them to PDF.

I certainly see the general area that you're talking about, and it was something that I hadn't noticed before. When we're next sitting at your kitchen table for some fly tying I'll confirm the exact place It is kind of moot until the thaw, so we've got lots of time. It looks like there is a parking lot down there, and perhaps a garbage can, picnic table, or some toilets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
the whole dock area is kid friendly, except when some poo for brains goes ripping by throwing 3 foot wakes in the no wake zone another plus for hardwater season, yayyy
That's the thing with the dock: the wakes! I have a hard time keeping my balance on it sometimes. Also, I noticed a few families this summer out there with kids, and there wasn't space on the dock for them to fish . . . it was so crowded. It seems a shame to drive out there with children and not be able to find a spot.

So, a kid friendly place would be easily accessible, and offer good opportunities to catch fish from shore. The one Kingfisher has pointed out is perfect.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 PM

GF and I walked down there when we were staying at the campground this summer, there are tables and bathrooms. you can park there too.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-16-2009, 09:31 PM

your Google folder has reached the bandwidth limit. Anyone know of any other sites? I'd really like to see what you have come up with. Failing that, I might be able to resurrect my FTP server to use to host the big files.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
your Google folder has reached the bandwidth limit. Anyone know of any other sites? I'd really like to see what you have come up with. Failing that, I might be able to resurrect my FTP server to use to host the big files.
Drat I didn't realize there was a limit (silly me). I have another site I can FTP them into, but the links in the original post won't work then . . . and I really wanted to avoid breaking those links.

Oh, I know what I can do. I'll replace those PDFs with PDFs that give a new URL to the files with a clickable link.

I'll fix it tomorrow if I have the time.

Edit:
I got the files moved . . . but I won't be able to put the redirects up until tomorrow. The new server is slower for the large files, but the PDFs render better.

The links can be clicked on directly, and they should open in your browser. If not, right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As" to save the files to your computer.

New Links:
PCR Aerial Mosaic & Access Map
PCR Aerial Mosaic & Access Map (Low Res)
PCR South Aerial Mosaic
PCR South Aerial Mosaic (Low Res)

Last edited by DarkAisling; 12-16-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Fixed Problem (More or Less)