Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-04-2011, 10:34 AM

Default gull lake at brownlows

how's brownlows snow condition and action this week? Will be there tomorrow and any info would be great! Thanks...
Old 03-04-2011, 11:23 AM

I was out last saturday the entrance and main trial was good because of the excessive traffic the area staright out from the boat launch was good ....even seen a few vans and cars, once you get past there or off the main beaten down area it gets a little hairy. With the wind and snow this last week things could be drifted over pretty good.

Good Luck
Mike
Old 03-04-2011, 05:01 PM

Thanks for the info....
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 PM

Dont venture too far off the beaten path. Stopped by Gull on the way home from Lake "X" and 2 trucks were pulling 4 trucks out of ruts. It was hilarious and reminded me of the Corb Lund Band Song - Truck Got Stuck!!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:33 AM

I was out at Gull last weekend and saw snow conditions get worse by the day. Brownlow's limited to near existing trail only and drifting masking the trail. With light chains I blew a new trail to a stranded/drifted SUV about 1km South of Wilson's-- previous trails were gone. Mine was gone again by the next day and I didn't get more than 100yards. Hauled out a couple of trucks, but no fish. Someone had bladed a trail north of Wilson's (which was drifting in badly). I'd appreciate anyone mentioning if trails get cut in the next week or two.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:57 PM

Was out there the whole day today and snow condition is ok. Manage to catch keeper pike at 10 FOW.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:14 PM

It's hilarious how all the reports are on conditions and not the fishin. Was at Gull 2 weeks ago and the hardest part was the drive. No wait, the fishin sucked too
Old 03-07-2011, 10:53 PM

My grandpa and I both cought our limit of whites last saterday. not sure where we were on the lake though.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS View Post
Someone had bladed a trail north of Wilson's (which was drifting in badly). I'd appreciate anyone mentioning if trails get cut in the next week or two.

I tried to drive out on the bladed trail too...but actually found the open lake to be easier to navigate. The blowing had caused some major drifting in on the road due to the banks created by plowing. Even chained up, I didn't make it out to my shack, although if a person had more clearance they might. I was driving a 1991 Hilux Surf (4Runnner), with 31x10.5x15's. Had fun trying out the chains, but not as much fun as fishing.