Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Default Gull lake march 5

Went out to wilsons beach and headed north to the group of fishing huts fishing was slow most of the day only got 3 pike between 3 of us one keeper but threw him back and managed to have one pike hit a tip up 30 feet away from the tent run back to the tent and successfully wrap up all 3 lines in the tent and what I thought was a monster of a pike turned out to be me having a tug of war with the other 2 guys in the tent. Now when I first got to the lake I noticed some trucks that were south of wilsons beach but there was no road from wilsons beach going that way so if anyone is willing to share the axcess they are useing to get to that location that would be great cause I really want to try and get some white fish anyways this part of gull lake was 4x4 only and you better be ready to shovel. Tight lines
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 AM

Default 4x4 and enough clearance

I tried making it out to the shacks on Friday and I was chained up, but still came up about 800 yards shy of my shack. Got high centered and ended up digging out. Maybe you followed my tracks out there on Saturday? I ended up giving up, as we were getting stuck every couple hundred yards...get unstuck, then try again. There were no trucks south of Wilson's on Friday, but there were two guys that got stuck trying. One of them also had a snowmobile on his truck and used that after giving up trying with the truck.