Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM

Default Fishing around drumheller

I am heading down with with some friends to do camping, boating and fishing in the drum region in 3 weeks. We want to take kids to see the Tyrell dino museum... but as far as i can see the best lake near there is newell... which is almost two hours south from drum. the here is a lake north of hanna... anyone know the name of it or any others closer to that region?
thx in advance.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Red Deer River

Im not sure if your looking just to fish a lake, the red deer river is good fishing for gold eye and walleye. My best walleye from there is 8 lb and many gold eye. Worms on a pickerel rig or 5 of dimonds works well for the walleye, slip bobbers and a small peace of worm works great for gold eye. Down stream of the tullman bridge you can keep the walleyes, the highway follows the river east of drum many places to pull over and fish. Hope this helps good luck PS if you need anymore info let me know. Dave
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 PM

Michichi Resevoir is a short drive north of Drum. Haven't been there for a while but if you don't have a boat there should be good shore fishing. No motors allowed. Maybe 20 - 30 min drive.