Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Default Fishing around High Level

HELP!! Im stuck visiting in laws, in High Level and need to get out. Does anyone know of any decient fishing spots around the area? I have never been up here, so any and all info would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:29 PM

Bistcho (sp) Lake, north of Zama. I think there's a couple others around it, but thats all I know. Hope that helps.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned

Yah but Bischo is not exactly by High Level,, its quite a drive to the lake from town. If the road is even opened up ??? There really isn't much for fishing close to High level. There is a little lake about 15 - 20 min north of town along the hwy,, just forget the name of it now but it has Rainbows in it. I do not know if is good fishing on the lake or not never did fish it. I was always so busy when we were up there working I never had any time to fish. I have spent about 8 winters up in that neck of the woods,, nice country.. That is the only lake I know of close by.. In the summer the Chinchaga River has some good fishing for Grayling and Walleye but that doesn't do you much good now..
Old 12-10-2009, 07:48 PM

Thanks guy's. I lucked out and she decided to leave. So I will be back on knowen water saturday.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 PM

I lived up there a few years ago well about 8, and if I remember there was a reservoir north of town just past th airport, maybe had wallies or something, might be better of checkin out toonie hour at the Stardust!