Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Banned

Default Donald Trump The Next President of USA!

Well the last Trump Thread was deleted, so being the Political USA Junkie that I am, I thought I would start a new one.

All opinions and views are welcome here, so let’s make it light and fun because I would like to post more cartoons and have intelligent conversations with toughs of us that are interested.

It will be a very exciting race with 16 months to go and this is the most exciting presidential race I have even seen in 35 years! My money is still on Trump to win, much to the chagrin of the Republican Establishment.

Like Trump said to the nice lady, “This is not about who is the nicest person, it is about who is the most competent” and I could not agree more. Go Trump GO!

Loved watching him circle the stadium in Alabama in his 757 and then Bush chase him in a Cessna LMAO!

LOL.jpg

Last edited by elkivory; 08-23-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:31 PM
AO Sponsor

Like him or hate him or just finding him entertaining, I still cannot fathom why anyone who led his companies into corporate bankruptcy 4 times would be considered an option for running the finances of an entire nation. Not saying he doesn't know how to cover his own butt, but really now... That is NOT a positive on anyones resume.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:33 PM

I worked in the US for 20 years (off and on), and I can truly see Trump being elected President.

Like any leader of a party, I have to ask who his team is? Who are the people behind trump?
Old 08-23-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Like him or hate him or just finding him entertaining, I still cannot fathom why anyone who led his companies into corporate bankruptcy 4 times would be considered an option for running the finances of an entire nation. Not saying he doesn't know how to cover his own butt, but really now... That is NOT a positive on anyones resume.
Corporate bankruptcy is an interesting phenomena. The Principals always seem to land on their feet and come out ahead. US is bankrupt already, so they got nothing to lose.
Grizz
Old 08-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
I agree and besides personally I could care less .. to me there's Trump mania and then there's just plain silliness with all the talk of the US presidency ...
Old 08-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
I agree and besides personally I could care less .. to me there's Trump mania and then there's just plain silliness with all the talk of the US presidency ...
Given the fact the Trump has stated the one of the first things he would do is to approve the Keystone Pipeline, which Obama refused to do, won't that effect most Albertans especially since our Provincial economy is about to collapse?

I would argue that this race in the USA will impact us here and is therefore far from silly. I only wish I could vote too!
Old 08-23-2015, 01:35 PM

The GOP establishment pretty soon is going to tell the wanna-be's to throw their support be hind the second place guy, who I think will be Jeb Bush. Once that happens the it could be Clinton/Bush.

I am hoping for Bernie Sanders/Trump for the presidency. I think Sanders is the only credible choice even if I don't agree with him. I don'tknow what his politics are, he just seems to be the Little Engine the could, and I am hoping he derails Clinton.

Trumps popularity could be fleeting. America will be mesmerized for a while. I think the powerful elites can still dump him. This party only got started.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Banned

Old 08-23-2015, 01:38 PM

Trump is running for office simply because he hungers for more attention and more power. His money and the attention he receives from people (and his prize wife) are not due to his charming personality or good looks. He wants a higher high to feed his extreme narcissistic feeling of self worth and his superiority complex.

He is self centered, overbearing, interruptive, rude and arrogant.

He is constantly talking about himself, how people like him.

His platform is no different compared to the other candidates - he just shouts louder, is more direct and interrupts more than the others.

Thinking before you speak isn't something he is capable of - he banters on about something, says something stupid and can't back it up ...... when questioned he either changes the subject, interrupts or attacks. He's an idiot.

He is disingenuous and a liar. He has suddenly become a christian, pro life supporter out of convenience and the +/- 20% of the people who support him either don't care or don't see him for what he is.

If Trump continues on this path, he will effectively serve to elect the democrats ..... there are far too many conservatives who see right through him and won't cast heir vote for him as the republican nominee.

Trump is dangerous and bad for us in North America.

Having said all that ..... he is entertaining. Kind of like watching a train wreck or a barn burn down.

Entertaining like an idiot or clown that you laugh at.

Last edited by EZM; 08-23-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkivory View Post
Given the fact the Trump has stated the one of the first things he would do is to approve the Keystone Pipeline, which Obama refused to do, won't that effect most Albertans especially since our Provincial economy is about to collapse?

I would argue that this race in the USA will impact us here and is therefore far from silly. I only wish I could vote too!
I don't wanna say anything more than if our economy depends on the US presidency and Keystone then I think it's time for some diversification of our economy in Alberta ..I don't believe we should all live and die with oil/gas ...JMO .. there's hopefully more to Alberta than oil/gas despite what some of you may think !! Trump who ? Trump means nothing to me ...Our gov does
Old 08-23-2015, 02:04 PM

regonian_winesm ile
Old 08-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
regonian_winesm ile
Hope you are well stocked up on popcorn KGB, like 16 months worth hehe

By the way on Face The Nation this morning one of the "Talking Heads" actually said "For the first time I can see Trump winning the Republican Nomination". They are not laughing him off anymore, glad to see that the "Talking Heads" are finally waking up to the fact that the political landscape is not what it used to be and something that was always easily predictable can no longer be taken for granted!

The times they are a changing, and to that I say AMEN.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Hope you are well stocked up on popcorn KGB, like 16 months worth hehe

By the way on Face The Nation this morning one of the "Talking Heads" actually said "For the first time I can see Trump winning the Republican Nomination". They are not laughing him off anymore, glad to see that the "Talking Heads" are finally waking up to the fact that the political landscape is not what it used to be and something that was always easily predictable can no longer be taken for granted!

The times they are a changing, and to that I say AMEN.
so your quality of life in Alberta is dependant on a looser from the US .. get real please ..got any ideas what would be good for Alberta without trumpie and the Keystone ? interested in hearing your options ???
Old 08-23-2015, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
so your quality of life in Alberta is dependant on a looser from the US .. get real please ..got any ideas what would be good for Alberta without trumpie and the Keystone ? interested in hearing your options ???
Honestly Rio 56, I operate my company on a national level and I like to see everyone doing well. In fact the way I work, I do very well under all market conditions, but I do hate to see anyone suffer!

In terms of what would be good for Alberta, how about an election recall?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Suspended User

ya OK ..but I do feel for ya if Trump means your bottom line and survival of your company ..too much US influence here in our country ...
Old 08-23-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Yes our economic wellbeing in Alberta and Canada is pretty much dependant on how well the American economy does. After all they consume about 75% of goods produced in and exported from Canada. They are the dog and we are the tail.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
ya OK ..but I do feel for ya if Trump means your bottom line and survival of your company ..too much US influence here in our country ...
Ya think? I am not convinced, since Obama's influence and poor decision making processes have delayed Keystone, not to forget his really bad agreement that is effecting the entire free world.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Ya think? I am not convinced, since Obama's influence and poor decision making processes have delayed Keystone, not to forget his really bad agreement that is effecting the entire free world.
this the second and last time I ask you to explain yourself how Keystone is such a big issue for you Mr all Canadian business man ? Are you going broke without a bush league US president like Trump ..answer and face the facts ??
Old 08-23-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I still cannot fathom why anyone who led his companies into corporate bankruptcy 4 times would be considered an option for running the finances of an entire nation.
What your not telling people which makes you as bad and deceptive and as ignorant as the media is that only 4 out of 350 + Trump companies have gone bankrupt. That is pretty much a 99% success rate for operating companies, pretty much an unheard of success rate. Did you know approximately 50% of start up companies fail within the first 5 years. Trump has never personally gone bankrupt, is one of the most successful people in the world. So tell me what qualifies the Obama, Clinton lying losers to be more qualified to be in the Whitehouse?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
this the second and last time I ask you to explain yourself how Keystone is such a big issue for you Mr all Canadian business man ? Are you going broke without a bush league US president like Trump ..answer and face the facts ??
Going broke is for the uninformed and uneducated my friend. Unless I missed something, life is way better with a decent and positive income stream.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:54 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
What your not telling people which makes you as bad and deceptive and as ignorant as the media is that only 4 out of 350 + Trump companies have gone bankrupt. That is pretty much a 99% success rate for operating companies, pretty much an unheard of success rate. Did you know approximately 50% of start up companies fail within the first 5 years. Trump has never personally gone bankrupt. And is one of the most successful people in the world. So tell me what qualifies the Obama, Clinton lying losers to be more qualified to be in the Whitehouse?
Sorry sir, but in my humble opinion, I expect the leader of virtually the entire free world to have a better track record than that when he is running in large part based on his business abilities.

Maybe that's just me sure, but it is what it is. If I hired a guy to work in my tire shop, and he says he has changed tires on 350 cars and the wheels have only fallen off on 4 of them, do you want him working on your car?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Yes our economic wellbeing in Alberta and Canada is pretty much dependant on how well the American economy does. After all they consume about 75% of goods produced in and exported from Canada. They are the dog and we are the tail.
so Bushrat ..are you ok with that ? we jump when they say we want your energy and water...OK will send off asap
Old 08-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
What your not telling people which makes you as bad and deceptive and as ignorant as the media is that only 4 out of 350 + Trump companies have gone bankrupt. That is pretty much a 99% success rate for operating companies, pretty much an unheard of success rate. Did you know approximately 50% of start up companies fail within the first 5 years. Trump has never personally gone bankrupt, is one of the most successful people in the world. So tell me what qualifies the Obama, Clinton lying losers to be more qualified to be in the Whitehouse?
Even if we were to acknowledge that Trump was successful in business, how does that qualify him or anyone else who's been successful in business, to run a country?

Yes of course some of the expertise in running a business do translate into running a country. But where is the team building of compromise, where is the ability to work with different interests that have different agendas, and before your platform can move ahead those must be reconciled? Where is the indication of ability to work together with Congress? Don't forget, the president can veto, but without Congress support he cannot change laws, only enact executive orders based on existing laws.

The man is a flipping blow hard, and has only very few qualifications To run the USA. One of those qualifications is to have a huge ego.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry sir, but in my humble opinion, I expect the leader of virtually the entire free world to have a better track record than that when he is running in large part based on his business abilities.

Maybe that's just me sure, but it is what it is. If I hired a guy to work in my tire shop, and he says he has changed tires on 350 cars and the wheels have only fallen off on 4 of them, do you want him working on your car?
Great comparison. Tire guy vs president...lmao. A 4 year old would know that sucking up lug nuts is easier than running corporations.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:01 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Great comparison. Tire guy vs president...lmao. A 4 year old would know that sucking up lug nuts is easier than running corporations.
Because a tireguy's responsibilities are so much more important? I think that makes my point even more...

*Nice ninja edit!
Old 08-23-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Because a tireguy's resposibilities are so much more important? I think that makes my point ever more...
Seriously now, you can't compare the two with success rates. FAR more people would succeed in this world at busting tires than they would at ramrodding multi million dollar corporations.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:22 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Seriously now, you can't compare the two with success rates. FAR more people would succeed in this world at busting tires than they would at ramrodding multi million dollar corporations.
There are a lot of business men running multi million/billion dollar corporations out the who have never run a company into bankruptcy even once, let alone four times. His track record is not good enough for me. If he is for you that is fine. Really though, neither of us can vote for him anyways so it is irrelevent. I am simply stating my opinion on the subject...
Old 08-23-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of business men running multi million/billion dollar corporations out the who have never run a company into bankruptcy even once, let alone four times.
How many of those people are running over 300 ? 200? 20? Very few. Sorry.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:27 PM

Anyways your right. It doesn't matter to me either.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Even if we were to acknowledge that Trump was successful in business, how does that qualify him or anyone else who's been successful in business, to run a country?

The man is a flipping blow hard, and has only very few qualifications To run the USA. One of those qualifications is to have a huge ego.
Yeah, I guess Hillary is so much more qualified.......
A wife of former president, a career politician, who couldn't keep her own husband and needed a pinch-hitter to blow the rooster off....the fence.