Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Question Any Fawcett Lake reports

Hey Guys just wondering if anyone has hit Fawcett lake this year My self and a buddy are going to head up there Thurday if weather permits and giver a try . My Buddy has fished it once before 5-6 years ago and wants to try it again Just wondering if anyone has any tips I might need to know about the lake if you want to share some that would be great . Also it there any obtructions a guy has to be aware of in the lake that might not be obvious ?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM

I was there last year .. Im going on friday morning .. Be very careful there are some brutal logs right at the surface .. They will take out a boat and motor if hit at a good speed .. We caught alot of small walleyes and small pike .. But I hear stories of big fish there ?? I am bring a fish finder this year to help find some good structure .. If you troll around with crank baits or a worm harness you will catch fish all day !! Maybe see ya there !!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:45 AM

Anyone been to Fawcett Lake this year?Wondering how the walleye fishing is.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 AM

Was out this weekend. Lots of Small northerns and one small walleye. wind whipped up saturday afternoon and had to get off the lake. Was fishing around the west island.

Be carefull with your camp fires if you are camping, its very dry out that way. There is a forest fire on the east side I guess 6km from the resort

Good luck!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Fishing Fawcett just ain't the same as it was 5-6 years ago. Used to always fill your limit daily then. Since they commercial fished the lake for whitefish the walleye population took a big hit for sizes, Lots of big ones got caught in the Net. You will still catch fish all day but lots almost all walleye too small. Had a friend who was out there about 3 weeks ago and got a 46" pig of a pike weighed in just under 25lbs. Every year I fish we always find a couple monster pike. Advice for fishing the lake. They're all a couple of good depth changes in there that are usually a good bet as long as the wind isn't blowing too hard.
Cheers and happy fishing!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM

I guess if you always took your limit and other fishermen did as well, why are you surprised that the fishing is not as good anymore? I see these posts so often and wonder why some can note see that over harvest or under harvest are not good for a lake.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsuplander View Post
I guess if you always took your limit and other fishermen did as well, why are you surprised that the fishing is not as good anymore? I see these posts so often and wonder why some can note see that over harvest or under harvest are not good for a lake.
I don't quite understand your point, it was great for years until they had the nets in the ice for 2 or 3 years straight.