Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM

Default Good article in Sun media against CFO's

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/03/3...ibiding-owners

"Registered gun owners as a class have a far lower crime rate and far higher gun-safety rate than the public as a whole. These are folks who know and respect guns, and understand how to use and display them safely."
Old 04-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Well written article. It's about time that the CFOs were held accountable for their nonsense. When they openly defied the government after the long gun registry was abolished, they should have been fired, then arrested.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 PM

Exclamation

Similar (same?) article showed up in the Calgary Sun, this past Sunday.

Like a lot o' folks here, I'm totally miffed about this situation

Spread the word folks, this fight ain't over yet ... it's just begun!

TF
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Banned

Just a bunch of special interest group squawkin without any relevant data.

Nobody dun got shot at the gun show in 51 years.

I would hope they could do better than that.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 AM

I look at it as a case of being careful what you wish for. Historically our CFOs have been more lenient than some of the eastern bastards, overlooking registration for long guns being a case in point. Do we want someone from Ottawa, Ontario dictating to us. Don't think so.

Grizz
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 AM

It would be nice if an easy solution could become of responsible gun owners but unfortunately there is too many politicians listening to the 4-5 people that complain. And not the 10,000 responsible people. All we can do is keep protesting and ranting.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I look at it as a case of being careful what you wish for. Historically our CFOs have been more lenient than some of the eastern bastards, overlooking registration for long guns being a case in point. Do we want someone from Ottawa, Ontario dictating to us. Don't think so.

Grizz

So we should be happy with paying wages for incompetence instead of getting it right?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 AM

Default CFO rant

Typically wouldn't spend the time to write about the dumb rules of the gov't but I was exceptionally ****ed off after the gun show this weekend.

My friend and I, both responsible gun collectors, under the age of 35 were walking around the calgary gun show.

Fell upon a beautiful snub nose .38 special. Couldn't even "touch" it because we didn't have our prohib license.

After looking into the rules, there is absolutely no way we can even think of owning one legally.

This is one of those redundant, bureaucratic, half baked laws made by an over powered suit in ottawa that has no idea about firearms.

Furthermore it makes absolutely no sense to anyone in this world that as an 18 year old you can purchase a .50 handgun, rifle, or chain fed semi; but as a proven responsible gun owner you are restricted to the suits decisions.

If the CFO is ever on here, this is my request:

At least set up hoops for us to jump through to own a 12-6 prohib. Maybe a wait time, personal interview, stricter transport laws. Just don't outright ban them like they are. We are missing out on being able to be collect pieces of history and technology.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 04-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Good article, good to hear that not all media sources are logic-deprived anti-gun simpletons.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned

Old greylynx warned you all that the dirt from not getting rid of C-68 will be our demise. This is only the beginning.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM

Rogo, you must've been eyeing my table. Did I ask you to go and sign the petition? Every person who came to my table, I asked if they had a 12.6, 12.3, etc. If they didn't have it, I asked them to sign the petition.

I am with Grizz in keeping our CFO. It's what you would call "the lesser of 2 evils"
Old 04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
I have no problem with someone in Ottawa dictating to us the laws so long as those same laws are applied right across the country the same.

Harper got rid of the LGR. Pretty good case for letting them dictate to me about the laws.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 AM

Default Grandpa ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
Rogo, you must've been eyeing my table. Did I ask you to go and sign the petition? Every person who came to my table, I asked if they had a 12.6, 12.3, etc. If they didn't have it, I asked them to sign the petition.

I am with Grizz in keeping our CFO. It's what you would call "the lesser of 2 evils"

Can you be my grandpa and give me a prohib ?!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM

I think that every motorcycle at the Calgary Motorcycle show should be forced to have a wheel-lock. After all, far more people die becaise of motorcycles than firearms in Alberta - they must be inherently dangerous and the public needs the extra protection.