Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2013, 08:26 AM

Default When businesses are not following firearm laws...?

Hey all,
So twice this week I have found youtube videos posted by Canadian firearms companies, that have questionable antics going on.

I would happily be corrected if I am wrong, but for company A, A Albertan firearms maker, they have a video testing out a item of their creation, and identify the range in Alberta they are testing at, and show loading and using a full 30 round ar magazine.

Second is a Saskatchewan vetran owned company that specializes in training, where they show shooting live ammunition from a moving vehicle, as well as live fire, flashlight and spotlight night shoots.

Am I over reacting in thinking this is poor practice and could lead to even harder restrictions for our local companies that do follow all the rules?

Should I send them an email hoping that they would consider changing the videos before they are spotted by the CFP and turn into another black eye for our shooting community?

Or are there special permits that they have allowing them to do such things legally that I just am uneducated about?

Thanks,
Old 10-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Banned

post links for these videos..so we can better understand your post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:34 AM

The CFO can answer your questions.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/c.../index-eng.htm
Old 10-20-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
Hey all,
So twice this week I have found youtube videos posted by Canadian firearms companies, that have questionable antics going on.

I would happily be corrected if I am wrong, but for company A, A Albertan firearms maker, they have a video testing out a item of their creation, and identify the range in Alberta they are testing at, and show loading and using a full 30 round ar magazine.

Second is a Saskatchewan vetran owned company that specializes in training, where they show shooting live ammunition from a moving vehicle, as well as live fire, flashlight and spotlight night shoots.

Am I over reacting in thinking this is poor practice and could lead to even harder restrictions for our local companies that do follow all the rules?

Should I send them an email hoping that they would consider changing the videos before they are spotted by the CFP and turn into another black eye for our shooting community?

Or are there special permits that they have allowing them to do such things legally that I just am uneducated about?

Thanks,
Usually Firearm vendors and makers in Canada have the correct permits and licenses to use full capacity magazines, full auto, silencers etc... Check out most of Marstars videos, or videos from NEA, or, etc... It's all good to go.

Also, firearms training companies are able to use simunitions, live ammo etc, many times in houses, cars etc...

You don't think guys who invest tens of thousands, to hundreds of thousands of dollars in their companies are really going to post illegal acts on YouTube do you??? Especially in Canada....
My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Desert_Faux". These posts are for informational and entertainment use only. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:29 PM

Thanks Desert,
I was hoping that was the case, but I had never heard it before, and just seeing it as all filmed in Canada, I was not sure. I never knew private companies could have the privilege of shooting after dark, nifty!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:55 PM

You also have the privilege of shooting after dark. I think you might be confusing the firearms act with provincial hunting regulations. If I'm wrong please let me know.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
You also have the privilege of shooting after dark. I think you might be confusing the firearms act with provincial hunting regulations. If I'm wrong please let me know.
In Alberta, you can legally discharge a firearm 24 hours per day, if you do it at a range approved for this. If not, whether you are actively hunting or not, the Wildlife Act still applies.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:07 PM

Ooohk, that would also be a bit where my confusion must be coming from.
Thanks all!