Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2015, 05:26 AM

Default Syrian refugee plan will limit those accepted into Canada to women, children and families only

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics...lies-1.3330185

Quote:
The federal government's much-anticipated Syrian refugee plan will limit those accepted into Canada to women, children and families only, CBC News has learned.

Sources tell CBC News that to deal with some ongoing concerns around security, unaccompanied men seeking asylum will not be part of the program.
Have to say, I don't mind this one bit if it pans out to be the full truth.

Although this is cbc, and it is usually never the full truth. You have been warned.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned

So are the Liberals agreeing that there WAS actually a security risk among the refugees? Why the change in plans? Why are they now profiling?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
So are the Liberals agreeing that there WAS actually a security risk among the refugees? Why the change in plans? Why are they now profiling?
There was never a denial in security risk.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Cause its 2015 and a 1:1 male to female ratio only counts after they have the right to vote. Plus it isnt sexism if it is against men.

The more I think about it, the less I think this is a good strategy. We are abandoning and alienating the most likely demographic to be targeted for radicalism.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:19 AM

Default Kingston

And this is were some will be going. Sure hope our guys don't end up in tents. I did my trades training at the base in Kingston in the winter and it wasn't nice outside. But what's a little winter indoctrination!!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/troops-...gees-1.2670111
Old 11-23-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Tells me 2.0 is going to, "lead" with his "decisions" completely based on opinion polls. Good to know.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suka View Post
Tells me 2.0 is going to, "lead" with his "decisions" completely based on opinion polls. Good to know.
What could anyone do to make you happy?
First off I am NOT a Liberal. I am torn between wanting to help refugees, and worrying about radical elements.

We know how evil ISIS is, but we don't want to help people who want to leave to save their lives. Like the Jews and Nazis.

The violent acts are most perpetrated by men. So why not let the women, children and families in. Add to that this country needs more people, and historically immigrants work harder than people who were born here.

This is a good solution, and whether or not it was driven by public opinion does not matter. You could further argue that by following the will of the people they are reflecting democracy.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:42 AM

Someone had mentioned in an earlier thread that the Trudeau government was asking Canadians to take the migrants into their homes.

I would love to know how many MLA's, Cabinet Ministers, and all others in this new government take migrants into THEIR homes. Do you think Justin Trudeau will take any in?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyupduck View Post
First off I am NOT a Liberal. I am torn between wanting to help refugees, and worrying about radical elements.

We know how evil ISIS is, but we don't want to help people who want to leave to save their lives. Like the Jews and Nazis.

The violent acts are most perpetrated by men. So why not let the women, children and families in. Add to that this country needs more people, and historically immigrants work harder than people who were born here.

This is a good solution, and whether or not it was driven by public opinion does not matter. You could further argue that by following the will of the people they are reflecting democracy.
So, what are the odds of an uneducated woman, who doesn't speak the language or understand the culture of creating a self supporting family unit ?

Grizz
Old 11-23-2015, 07:46 AM

Aren't 80% of the refugees single males?

So this isnt about refugees but saving face and impressing the leftists by rescuing 25000 refugees. Even he appears to be accepting there is risk with taking in syrian refugees.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 AM

Why do people insist on using migrant and refugee interchangeably? They are not synonyms.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
So, what are the odds of an uneducated woman, who doesn't speak the language or understand the culture of creating a self supporting family unit ?

Grizz
I'm guessing the odds are nil on that one.

I would say that the odds are pretty good that all those single mothers will turn into muslim baby factories though. I'm guessing the cost of this little oversight will turn into more than a 1.2 Billion dollar burden to the taxpayers.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post

I would say that the odds are pretty good that all those single mothers will turn into muslim baby factories though. I'm guessing the cost of this little oversight will turn into more than a 1.2 Billion dollar burden to the taxpayers.
Wonder how difficult it is to fake a family just to get into the country.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:

I just see more ghettos that Europe is already full of.

Grizz
Old 11-23-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyupduck View Post
Nothing to do with happy or not, merely an observation that will allow us to know what's coming down the pipe. Been in business all my life. When your livelihood is sometimes determined by the trendy whims of politicians you tend to notice things like that.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:12 AM

Wait till they start arriving, then we will see. Basically I`ll believe it when I see it.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Hard to say Ruga. They might simply be pandering to public paranoia. In any event, I think a plan like this will be easier to sell.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
Well here's how it works.

Bring in $15 an hour min. wage.

Bring in 25,000 families who have nothing in common with our country or customs. Do this with minimum screening. Put them in a ghetto. Subsidize the min wage , because no one can live on that and raise a family.

Once you are so far over budget, folks just glaze over when they hear the numbers, it's time to reunite families with the men. this all needs to be done before the next election of course.

Canada needs immigation .......and competition for minimum wage jobs.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-23-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Well here's how it works.

Bring in $15 an hour min. wage.

Bring in 25,000 families who have nothing in common with our country or customs. Do this with minimum screening. Put them in a ghetto. Subsidize the min wage , because no one can live on that and raise a family.

Once you are so far over budget, folks just glaze over when they hear the numbers, it's time to reunite families with the men. this all needs to be done before the next election of course.

Canada needs immigation .......and competition for minimum wage jobs.
This and this. While on the surface it is a rainbows and butterflies plan, all full of happy crap... what happens when you release 20 cow elk with 2 bulls on suffield?

Trudeau has said the shahada, he is Muslim according their rules, he is bringing in the most vulnerable people who will be completely dependent on his party's handouts. And he's making sure he will have a rapidly expanding pool of life long liberal voters.

Next level social engineering.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:05 PM

Most terrorists are men so we can discriminate.

Most terrorists are muslim but...
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:11 PM

Yeah because no woman or child has become a terrorist yet.
Oh wait...Paris, Khadr...never mind.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:17 PM
Banned

Seems like a solid plan to me. What could go wrong?

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/...125-story.html
Old 11-23-2015, 12:20 PM

Sometimes I wonder who some of you hate more; ISIS, or the people trying desperately to get away from these butchers.

I can't blame a woman who is fleeing because she doesn't want to be bought and sold and traded as a sex slave, and I'm fine with my tax dollars being used to help her.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Sometimes I wonder who some of you hate more; ISIS, or the people trying desperately to get away from these butchers.

I can't blame a woman who is fleeing because she doesn't want to be bought and sold and traded as a sex slave, and I'm fine with my tax dollars being used to help her.
I can't blame her either. Just don't bring the culture you're supposedly trying to escape to this country. I don't want it here. I admit, I am more than a little concerned about the direction Canada may be headed when I look at neighbourhoods in Europe and what certain Islamic leaders there are saying.

Irrational? Maybe. Maybe not. No concern on your part for the future of this country?

Honestly, I'd rather help them there.

There are very few individual people on this planet that I actually hate or wish ill towards, but there are ideologies that give me pause when I consider the future implications in Canada.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Gone Hunting

OMG! You sound just like a social worker.

Why is it OK for a refugee to come here for a better life for his family;a place where he can have financial aid and a chance to raise his family in a safe and secure environment, but it is selfish and narrow minded bordering on racist and bigot for a Canadian to want to protect the same thing?

Any idea of the number of refugees who try to adapt to Canadian life and customs and how many collect in ghettos and try to make things the wonderful way they were in the countries they fled?

I know no one who does not help someone in distress, I also know no one who does not want to protect his own family, and that includes refugees wanting to protect their families, but there has to be a balance.

If it comes down to either/or and it means the welfare of my family, then the choice is easy.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-23-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
OMG! You sound just like a social worker.

Why is it OK for a refugee to come here for a better life for his family;a place where he can have financial aid and a chance to raise his family in a safe and secure environment, but it is selfish and narrow minded bordering on racist and bigot for a Canadian to want to protect the same thing?
Only when it's narrow minded bordering on racist. Otherwise it's fine.

There might be a chance of a violent act sometime in the future, so ban them all. Gee, where have we heard that logic before, hmmmm? Maybe we should ban all firearms... I mean, so many people are scared of them, and if it helps save even one life... We are talking women, children, and families. And the only objection most can come up with is that they are Muslim, and you're scared.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:

There might be a chance of a violent act sometime in the future, so ban them all. Gee, where have we heard that logic before, hmmmm? Maybe we should ban all firearms... I mean, so many people are scared of them, and if it helps save even one life... We are talking women, children, and families. And the only objection most can come up with is that they are Muslim, and you're scared.
I don't think intimating that people are cowards, racists or even cold hearted to the plight of refugees really solves anything Oko. We are talking about the future of Canadian women, children and families. I think it's fair to have a debate about immigration and refugee policy and the future implications that may have on Canadian liberty and culture.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Precisionshooter

Typical Liberal logic!

Real life recent case - suicide bomber recently in Paris France was what gender? FEMALE

Processing a 100 people per day (CBC Nat. News) - no details on the methods used since Syrian support documents (if factual regardless) are not available.

What definition of family is the Liberal government going to use for this "rushed" processing of these migrants and will they announce the definitions?

1.2 Billion of 6 years - cost - what portion of this has been allocated for medical issues and expenses? $48000 per person over 6 years - $8000 per year per person? Really

Lets see the calculations on this one.. Cost of living included?
Old 11-23-2015, 01:10 PM

While I realize its fun to whine about it....

Give up, its over. Buy guns, ammo and gold. Kiss your wife and do puzzles with your kids.

Why fight for the greatness of your community when your neighbors want to tax you into oblivion so they can have their own pet Syrian in the ghetto down the street.

Its like those self righteous 40 year old hipster women who buy dogs from the pound and just can't wait to tell you even though you didn't ask. "Here is my rescue pet Akbar, he was abused as a puppy that is why he can't be around women or explosives, we go to socialization class every Thursday taught by the same lady who does my yoga classes, please pat me on the back"
Old 11-23-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:

Once again, I agree Oko

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.