Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2015, 10:57 PM

Sorry, i don't know that tune. I wasnt indoctrinated into a cult as a child.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 11-23-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
He must have been so happy for these Christians to escape persecution, that he forgot to tell the whole story. No worries Kreator, I'm here to help.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...gary-1.3263838

Zugeb says the family was living in a government controlled area of Syria's capital, Damascus, which meant they were still able to get food, but as Christians living in a Christian area they were the target of extremists. In all, 14 Syrian refugees arrived in Calgary on Thursday, sponsored through the Calgary Catholic Immigration Society and local Catholic parishes.

"The whole situation with refugees is getting worse and worse, we are just so glad in Calgary we can help some," said Fariborz Birjandian, CEO of the Calgary Catholic Immigration Society.

Welcome to Canada. Private Christian charity helping people across the world.

CBC didn't say who was targeting these Christians though. I guess we'll never know. Let's just hope these "extremists" don't come to Canada and keep targeting them.
Send her home, right? Keep fighting the good fight.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Good post/pics Kreator ... it's too bad a few of our A/O members with "Negative Nelly Synonym" could see some of the positive.

And DO TELL how you feel on all the Saudi's slamming
the d*m door closed on these/their very own people..
nobody wants to publically address the 'why's of this..wonder why..?
real stumper..
Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
..As for this whole 'Muslim cult' rhetoric...
..The cult you speak of is Wahabbism,
the religious order of Saudi Arabia. .
And DO TELL how many they/Saudi's, are taking in again
on these refugees:
their very own people..

Last edited by tri777; 11-24-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
And DO TELL how many they/Saudi's, are taking in again
on these refugees:
their very own people..
Some of the richest countries in the entire world...and they are exporting them to Europe and North America. Like Grizz said...we are getting played.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Excellent idea!!
Please sing along with me to the tune of "Bringing in the Sheaves"

Keep it over there Lord,
Keep it over there.
Maniacs of Islam,
Keep them over there.

Violence in the streets,
Bomb us while we sleep.
Stonings and beheadings,
Keep it over there...

Hahaha made my day can't get it out of my head.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:47 AM

Just talked to a few army buddies still on base, all three have been told they and their families are to vacate their homes by the end of the week. No help whatsoever, their time and dime so these 'refugees' have places to stay. WTF is this if they are booting CF members who have earned the right to stay out and letting possible terrorists shark: onto a base and freely housing them.

Not impressed one effing bit, insulted and ashamed to be called Canadian.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 11-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakker282 View Post
Just talked to a few army buddies still on base, all three have been told they and their families are to vacate their homes by the end of the week. No help whatsoever, their time and dime so these 'refugees' have places to stay. WTF is this if they are booting CF members who have earned the right to stay out and letting possible terrorists shark: onto a base and freely housing them.

Not impressed one effing bit, insulted and ashamed to be called Canadian.
BS. Absolute and outright lie. I've copied below a post I made yesterday that put an end to the whole "military being forced to move" rumour. There are NO CAF families being forced to move out of their military housing.

"OK, lets present facts here. No soldiers are being forced out of their accommodations and onto the street. The overwhelming majority of beds that will be utilized on CAF bases are in vacant cadet camps, the remainder will be in what we call transient quarters. The troops that are being moved are those are still in the training system as candidates on either their basic or trades training courses, RMC cadets, IR (imposed Restriction)personnel, guys on TD (temporary Duty) or those utilizing transient quarters for other reasons. These quarters are used to house members going through training, they are NOT permanent living quarters! There are NO CAF members who occupy single quarters being forced out of their accommodations or having to "double,triple or quad" up. This is very shoddy reporting and the situation is being presented in the light that full time, trained soldiers are being kicked out on the street to house refugees. To put it into context, they are presenting it as if the shacks up in Steele Barracks that house the living in personnel from all the units based in Edmonton are being told to hit the bricks- not true at all. It does make for some entertaining reading though with all the comments from people expressing their faux outrage that Canada's soldiers are being kicked out of their homes for a bunch of refugees. Some people are even claiming that members who live in base housing (PMQ's) with their families are being told to move out so they can move refugee families in- total BS.

Nevertheless, onward through the fog."
Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
all three have been told they and their families are to vacate their homes by the end of the week. No help whatsoever, their time and dime so these 'refugees' have places to stay.
Not a chance in heck this is true.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
BS. Absolute and outright lie. I've copied below a post I made yesterday that put an end to the whole "military being forced to move" rumour. There are NO CAF families being forced to move out of their military housing.

"OK, lets present facts here. No soldiers are being forced out of their accommodations and onto the street. The overwhelming majority of beds that will be utilized on CAF bases are in vacant cadet camps, the remainder will be in what we call transient quarters. The troops that are being moved are those are still in the training system as candidates on either their basic or trades training courses, RMC cadets, IR (imposed Restriction)personnel, guys on TD (temporary Duty) or those utilizing transient quarters for other reasons. These quarters are used to house members going through training, they are NOT permanent living quarters! There are NO CAF members who occupy single quarters being forced out of their accommodations or having to "double,triple or quad" up. This is very shoddy reporting and the situation is being presented in the light that full time, trained soldiers are being kicked out on the street to house refugees. To put it into context, they are presenting it as if the shacks up in Steele Barracks that house the living in personnel from all the units based in Edmonton are being told to hit the bricks- not true at all. It does make for some entertaining reading though with all the comments from people expressing their faux outrage that Canada's soldiers are being kicked out of their homes for a bunch of refugees. Some people are even claiming that members who live in base housing (PMQ's) with their families are being told to move out so they can move refugee families in- total BS.

Just saying what I was told by those in uniform, believe it or not, it's up to you. Two are based out of Quebec and the last is out of Nunavut, just passing it along. No need to be f%$#tards about it.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 11-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Just saying what I was told by those in uniform, believe it or not, it's up to you. Two are based out of Quebec and the last is out of Nunavut, just passing it along. No need to be f%$#tards about it.
I don't believe it because I know for a fact that no such directive has been, or would ever be issued across the entirety of the CAF. If your claim that you were told this by a member of the military is to be believed, and I sincerly doubt it, then your friend are lying through their teeth to you. That being said, I sincerly doubt that any CAF members would wilfully lie to someone and tell them that CFHA is evicting them from their PMQ to house refugees. I think you were just trying to stir the pot. Tell you what, PM me their names and I will look them up on our military email system to see if they exist.

Never mind the fact that the only three isolated military facilities in Nunavut are Alert, Nanisivik and Resolution Island and NONE of those have PMQ's.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Some of the richest countries in the entire world...and they are exporting them to Europe and North America. Like Grizz said...we are getting played.
Muammar Gaddafi's quote: "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
Old 11-24-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I don't believe it because I know for a fact that no such directive has been, or would ever be issued across the entirety of the CAF. If your claim that you were told this by a member of the military is to be believed, and I sincerly doubt it, then your friend are lying through their teeth to you. That being said, I sincerly doubt that any CAF members would wilfully lie to someone and tell them that CFHA is evicting them from their PMQ to house refugees. I think you were just trying to stir the pot. Tell you what, PM me their names and I will look them up on our military email system to see if they exist.

Never mind the fact that the only three isolated military facilities in Nunavut are Alert, Nanisivik and Resolution Island and NONE of those have PMQ's.
http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/video?clipI...ylistPageNum=1
Old 11-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
See post #68
Old 11-24-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoat_1 View Post
Muammar Gaddafi's quote: "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."

I forgot about that quote, you beat me to it. I am pretty sure that has been and will be their plan for decades to come, sad part is they know they can do it by doing exactly what they are and because in fighting will help speed the process.

Anonymous
Old 11-24-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Just talked with the last ones wife, they actually have two weeks to move out in Kingston (not Nunavut where I thought he was still stationed) but they don't know where they're going to be going yet.
I also found out the one of the other two has housing options and that's why he were chosen.

Out of the respect I have for them I will not give someone like you names, you don't believe what is happening then fine. Live with blinders.

Anonymous
Old 11-24-2015, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just talked with the last ones wife, they actually have two weeks to move out in Kingston (not Nunavut where I thought he was still stationed) but they don't know where they're going to be going yet.
I also found out the one of the other two has housing options and that's why he were chosen.

Out of the respect I have for them I will not give someone like you names, you don't believe what is happening then fine. Live with blinders.
I know for a fact that it's not true, just admit it! Pretty hard to mix up Nunavut and Kingston! No CAF married members living in PMQ's on any CF base would EVER be told they have to move out under those circumstances- ever. Someone like me? Whats the problem, PM me the names it will take me less that a minute to verify if they are in the CAF. Further, I've attached the order for Kingston, read it yourself. See all those building #'s??? Those are transient quarters occupied by the types I outlined in post # 68. NOWHERE does it say anything about people living in PMQ's which would be IMPOSSIBLE for CFHA to evict a military family from under these circumstances. Do you honestly believe that the CAF would be part and parcel to evicting a family from their home a month before Xmas? This is the type of story that the media would salivate over and yet none of these members or their spouses are going public? Give it a rest, you tried to incite outrage over falsehood, got called out by somone in the know and are now trying to backpeddle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11202450_10153246960170920_8253030176747834790_n.jpg (47.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-24-2015, 12:28 PM

Yeah, that's bs. The only housing units that are being allocated for refugees are ones that are empty or temporary anyways. The members that do stay in them occasionally are only there for training or til they get situated.

I regret starting this thread. It really is damned if you do and damned if you don't. The chosen religion of the refugees does NOT affect thier need for help. We are not making Canadians homeless to make room for them, The money spent is a drop in the bucket in the larger picture, and any job that they take, shouldnt matter all that much. If you can be replaced by a untrained person, than it probably isn't a job with slot of security anyways.

Maybe I'm just grumpy, but it sure seems like this whole thing is becoming more about having something or someone to be angry at than it is about the actual issue. Canada accepts and welcomes new people every day, the only thing different is that this time it was being promised at a faster rate by our new "prince".

Our province is full of people hard on their luck and struggling right now. We all are worried and fearful, because our livelihood is at risk due to the economy. But a lot of these refugees are leaving their homes behind out of fear for their lives.

Bah. I'll go shovel off some steam before this gets too long winded.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:34 PM

Airbornedeerhunter sticking up for refugees. Is this some sort of alternate reality?

Thanks for clarifying the situation airborne. Glad to hear no one in permanent quarters will be getting relocated this close to Christmas.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
I understand Calgary is getting their first batch today.
Of more gay men?
Old 11-24-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I know for a fact that it's not true, just admit it! Pretty hard to mix up Nunavut and Kingston! No CAF married members living in PMQ's on any CF base would EVER be told they have to move out under those circumstances- ever. Someone like me? Whats the problem, PM me the names it will take me less that a minute to verify if they are in the CAF. Further, I've attached the order for Kingston, read it yourself. See all those building #'s??? Those are transient quarters occupied by the types I outlined in post # 68. NOWHERE does it say anything about people living in PMQ's which would be IMPOSSIBLE for CFHA to evict a military family from under these circumstances. Do you honestly believe that the CAF would be part and parcel to evicting a family from their home a month before Xmas? This is the type of story that the media would salivate over and yet none of these members or their spouses are going public? Give it a rest, you tried to incite outrage over falsehood, got called out by somone in the know and are now trying to backpeddle.
Thanks airbornedeerhunter,
I appreciate your thoughts and FACTS....never mind the service you provide.

Trakker282 - you have no clue and seem to be spewing all kinds of drama here...
Old 11-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Airbornedeerhunter sticking up for refugees. Is this some sort of alternate reality?

Thanks for clarifying the situation airborne. Glad to hear no one in permanent quarters will be getting relocated this close to Christmas.
Lets not get crazy here! I simply needed to help squash these BS rumours that the military would treat our members so callously as to kick them out of their accommodations and the even more outrageous BS that military families are being evicted from PMQ's in order to make room for refugees.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
Of more gay men?
yee haa! Fisherpeak's comin' to town for the weekend!
Old 11-24-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
yee haa! Fisherpeak's comin' to town for the weekend!
They said Calgary, not Okotoks. Obviously Okotoks is at capacity.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:

MY son is training for ATIS Tech in Kingston, He is more than happy to quad up or share a room to help any in need.... I am sure if you ask the soldiers on the ground in the base most are more than willing to help. Maybe that is why they became soldiers (Soldier also = Sailor or Airman in my context).

Some perspective, as a strong, healthy well equipped member of the armed forces could he easily adapt to living in a tent? Probably easier than a family of refugees.

I am definitely not a Justin fan. I am not a fan of putting one group of refugees to the front of the line thereby passing those already waiting. Having said that I would have to say Canadians are known the world over for compassion. This is a good reputation to have.

I hope security checks are done well as we have some valuable resources on all these bases. (1. The personnel, 2.) Equipment )
This security screening process could really bite us in the butt. ( Sincerely hope not)

Crash
Old 11-24-2015, 06:04 PM

Wow, Gay people really have super rights
Old 11-24-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
They said Calgary, not Okotoks. Obviously Okotoks is at capacity.
yes, we have gay people in Okotoks. Better stay away Sneeze. Wouldn't want to catch it, right? LOL
Old 11-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Banned

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/24/...oming-refugees

Canadian Forces members are being moved out of their accommodations to make room for Syrian refugees, an internal document reveals.

Residents of six different buildings at CFB Kingston were told in a letter on Friday they would need to move their personal effects on Monday to make way for incoming refugees.

"Part of our planning was looking at bed spaces on the base," Capt. Jennifer Faubert said in a phone interview. "From that planning we determined that some people would need to be moved to accommodate the plan."

The members include those visiting the base for a course, ones awaiting posting as well as soldiers who call the single quarters on base their home, Faubert explained.

Some CAF members will be "required to move from a single room to a quad occupancy room," the document reads.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:20 PM

Alberta government will spend 5200 dollar on each refugee student per year. NDP are so good at spending tax payer money.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawei88 View Post
Alberta government will give each refugee student 5200 dollar per year. NDP are so good at spending tax payer money.
School is IN!!!
http://www.liquordirect.ca/Brasserie...r-P14794.aspx?