Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-25-2013, 10:29 PM

Default Bow Setup Advice Plz

Hey all,
I live in Rocky Mountain House, just bought a bare bow (private sale) and seeking advice on where to go to get my accessories switched over from my old bow and go through to ensure my setup is as good as it can be. I can travel to Calgary, Edmonton, or ideally in between, but just don't want a bad experience or to have to go back. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:32 AM

Im fairly new to archery myself. I would suggest calling trophy book in spruce grove. They deal with Mathews, PSE, and Mission mostly but they have a lot of good knowledge. I bought a used bow at first as well and just be sure your draw length is proper for you and your used bow can be adjusted to that if need be. I live in Edmonton so if you need any help my way just let me know.

Hope you had a great Christmas.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:23 PM

If you are in RMH, you might want to try Wolverine Sport in Red Deer. I don't have a lot of experience with them but their customer service seemed good and they deal (or did) in Prime bows. Also they have a hooter shooter in store to verify tuning and set up after they are finished, might be worth a try. Anyone with a different experience at Wolverine feel free to chime in as I was only in store twice.