Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-26-2013, 11:38 PM

Default Cold Weather Clothing Adjustments ?

So...

Curious what folks do to their bows/ shooting form to adjust for serious bulkier clothing.

Just moved her from NB this summer, I'm an avid archer but never had to adjust too much for serious cold temps from Oct-Nov. This fall, it was brutal from what I'm used too...-20 and colder is a whole new ball game!

I have some Cabelas Extreme Stand hunter bibs...they helped...but have up'd my top half to a matching Stand Hunter parka (Santa saw the 1/2 price sale). Im sure I will have to change something to shoot with it...just curious where guys start...an inch knocked off draw length first and then tweek form..or vice versa ??

Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:32 AM

Shorter draw length,, my winter bow is is over an inch shorter dl
Old 12-27-2013, 10:33 AM

Default Cold

I shoot a longbow so with heavy clothes I just close my stance a bit to help clear my clothing, might not work with a compound. I also keep my left arm with less clothes on it, I'll wear a down vest then a good fleece over top with the left arm cut off and finally a light top layer. You can use a leg of of your wife's nylons over your arm to hold the clothes in a bit. It doesn't hurt to practice shooting with heavy clothes either.