Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Default Matthews Reezen 7.0

Hey all. Was wondering if anyone out there has shot the Matthews reezen 7.0. Just looking for honest reviews.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 PM

I e shot both but found the 6.5 was better
Old 12-30-2013, 10:18 PM

I'm looking at a used one. 7.0 version. Hunter and target shooter. Primarily hunting. What's your thoughts.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 PM

I personally didn't like how hard that bow felt to pull. The z7 was a better bow the following year. If you like it and it's for a good deal than get it. Mathews are cam specific draw lengths so keep that in mind.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 PM

Ya it researched that. It's the biggest knock is how hard it is to pull. The bow fits me perfectly but not sold on it because of the reviews. Basically I'm spending $450 on it if I buy it with everything but a release.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:17 AM

The Reezen 7.0 was my first true love....lol

I shot Golden Eagle since their release and they inovated the compound archery world...than Mathews came along and blew them out of the water...and I shot them since their release...my first favorite was the Feather Lite...than the Q2 which was the model for the paralell limbs to what we have now...

I shot Mathews Flagship every year Then the Reezen 7.0 came along...a super fast Solo cam pushing 340 with a very comfortable 32"ATA and a generous Brace height for such a fast bow, the draw was smooth the bow was very quite...

It seemed I didnt have to aim with that bow...it seemed to hit anything I pointed it at...shot my first triple Hood with the Reezen in hunter tackle

if they took that bow added the Reverse Assist roller guard for a slightly smoother draw and a draw stop I most likely would be shooting the Reezen 7.0 again, ...the Helim is like a slicked down Reezen but with a draw stop and Reverse Assist roller Guard, and much lighter...all benefits to my bad shoulder and age...lol

The Reezen 7.0 had a spongy wall compared to bows with a draw stop, but with the right anchors that is not an issue for many...

I say if the bow looks good for that price loaded ...buy it!!!! good deal

The Reezen didnt have many issues, but check for limb twist, cam cupping or cracked limbs as with any bow...Im kicking my own butt that I let someone talk me into selling mine...

JMHO
Neil