Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 AM

Default Some money to spend from Xmas

I'm looking for some ideas on ways to upgrade my Bowtech Assassin with some cash I got from my wife who said to spend it on my bow.

I've already replaced the terrible stock rest with a RipCord Red and am looking at doing the sight and maybe the stabilizer.

As far as sights go I've found myself drawn to the Armortech HD but have no idea when it comes to stabilizers.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 AM

A couple of options for you CD....

Jimbows, just off Edmonton Trail NE or

Calgary Archery Centre, on 47th & 47th SE....

Bring your bow with you - they both have excellent sights/stabs for you to try out before buying and can give you helpful advice....

My own bow wears different sights year to year, but I've settled on a 7 pin horizontal sight in recent years. I've tried vertical pins, sliders, etc....

J.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Banned

For accessories, check out "FUSE" products.
I don't think you'll find their products in local stores but it's a very good product.
I ordered a Fuse quiver through a local shop many years ago and the store owner was so impressed, that he ordered one too and started looking into their products more.

Give em a look see
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 AM

Axion or KTECH have some awesome stabilizers that actually work and look mean, many utilize the proven Harmonic Stabilizers and Harmonic Dampers in them.

So you dont need a long stabilizer, you can fit a shorter Stabilizer for hunting with the same results as a longer one.

http://ktechdesigns.com/

http://www.axionarchery.com/Products/Stabilizers.aspx

JMHO
Neil
Old 12-31-2013, 11:10 AM

Check out yhe axion like neil said. A good sight to check out is spot hogg. Happy new year everyone!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:02 PM

The last time I was through Calgary I stopped at Jimbows. It was my first time there and I can say that they are a first rate shop with knowledgeable staff and a great inventory. My buddy had ordered some arrows so I picked them up, and while there I tried out the B-stinger stabilizers they had on the wall. They might not look really fancy like some out there but they sure do work, they actually stabilizer your bow and also kill vibration. I would highly recommend them. (B-stinger & Jimbows)
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 12-31-2013, 12:49 PM

Calgary archery center got a big shipment of fuse products a couple weeks ago. I picked up a Fuse carbon blade and I really like it, Octane makes some nice accessories for diamond and bowtech. Check out the tight spot quivers best quiver on the market in my opinion. Happy shopping!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:56 PM

When it comes to stabilisers purpose is everything.

If long Stabilisers were not better for accuracy then why do target shooters use them?

Dampening is a whole other term, many new hunting stabilisers combine stabilisation with dampening so that they quieten the bow and add weight as well to increase the moment of inertia.

The reason for a long stabiliser is very evident once one uses any amount of magnification and shooting for target. Otherwise the target is galloping through the sight picture....

However a long stabiliser is a bit inconvenient in the bush!....same whay an Fclass scoped up target rifle with a heavy bull barrell and bench rest would be a bit inconvenient as well for hunting.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:11 PM

Thanks for all the responses! I picked my bow up at JimBows and shoot at the Archery center fairly often I'm just fairly new to the sport so like to get some opinions from more experienced folk. I'll definitely have to try out a few different options.