Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-16-2019, 01:41 PM

Default Lee Enfield C #7 .22LR

My sister in law wants to track one of these down. They were used by all of the cadets squadrons all over Canada. I guess the cadets got rid of them and no longer use them. (Not too sure if they use anything anymore)

I quickly did a search and they seem fairly hard to find and if you find them they are selling for well over $1000. Is this for real? I thought they were terrible rifles as a kid. Haven’t fired one since the nineties. Maybe as a kid I just never had the respect for them that I should. Does anyone know if these are really $1000+ rifles? Does anyone know where one could be acquired?
Old 06-16-2019, 02:11 PM

That's what they go for. Possibly more dependent on condition and accessories. Not made anymore and value of milsurp rifles is climbing. A nice untouched Lee Enfield is $700 and up depending on what it is. CGN is where to look on the EE.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:03 PM

That's right, and they're typically referred to as "Trainers" based on what I've seen on GGN. When I first started looking a few years back, I remember seeing some around $600...I should have pounced on one then. lol

Now they're out of my range for a wall hanger...which it would mostly be for me anyway.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:47 AM

If you found a complete C No. 7 .22 in very good condition at $1K, it would be a steal. A really nice one in it's transit case is more like $2K or even more.

The only way to get one under a thousand dollars is a made up gun, assembled from parts. There have been bare new receivers on the market, and there have been a number of rifles where the receiver was destroyed. Assemble a .22 lined barrel with bits and bobs obtained separately and you have a fair facsimile of a C No. 7 rifle - usable, but no collector value.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 AM

There's a Enfield 22 C No 7 clone on CGN $1050

For sale is an home built C No 7 clone. The font on the serial number is not correct and no doubt hand applied. The receiver looks like it has had the original markings milled off but the size of print indicating it as a C no 7 is correct.

I can remember shooting these in our school basement in cadets, times have changed you can't even draw pictures of guns these days.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:11 PM

Lethbridge gun show . Nice rifle crate and targets $2400.00 Total kit.. That plus a divorce I can't afford that. The holy grail.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:00 PM

Unfortunately all those rifles were still the property of the DND, when they were recalled they most likely were immediately destroyed as they have little value being so outdated. Those that did survive will demand a premium from the collectors.

My understanding is cadets aren't even allowed to touch a functioning gun ( including pellet guns) anymore due to the outrage of parents from the east. What a sad place this world has become.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 06-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Unfortunately all those rifles were still the property of the DND, when they were recalled they most likely were immediately destroyed as they have little value being so outdated. Those that did survive will demand a premium from the collectors.

My understanding is cadets aren't even allowed to touch a functioning gun ( including pellet guns) anymore due to the outrage of parents from the east. What a sad place this world has become.
Not exactly true, we still field a crew of cadets for Canada to compete at Bisley every year and elsewhere.
There is also an army cadet winter program as well as some biathlon programs
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 06-18-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:40 AM

I used to volunteer with the local army cadet corp. When the order came down, all the rifles in the Corps possesion had to be returned as soon as possible. This involved meeting a truck at the local police station where the rifles were stored where one by one every rifle cataloged, loaded and signed off by one of the RCMP members. I remember asking the truck driver what happens to those rifles, he told me they were going straight to a machine shop where they would be cut in half then sent for smelting. I was ready to cry when I heard that. It was around 35 rifles going straight to destruction. Some of those rifles had less than 100 rounds down the barrel.
The Corp also owned 15 pellet rifles, we had to cut them in half with with an angle grinder. Since the parent unit had purchased them we could not legally sell them.

I'm glad some cadets are still allowed to shoot.
Anyways sorry for the derail.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 06-19-2019, 09:34 AM

Default Cooey

There are quite a few versions of the Enfield.22 and wading through them all can get confusing.Some have barrel liners, some mark 3’s, some with functional magazines, some just a catch basin for spent brass.
I think less Cooey’s were made, 33,000 (?), but they dont get the same love or money as the converted Enfields.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:48 AM

Well I know for a fact that the RCEME 2733 cadet corps has Daisy AR’s that they still use for marksmanship trg and I do know for a fact that the Vernon summer cadet camps still do marksmanship trg or I wouldn’t have to have supported a request to send one of my Wpn Techs on a summer tasking. He left a week ago.
As for C#7’s. Still have parts for them. Waiting for LCMM for authorization to return back to depot. This also includes No.4 MkI parts.