Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-28-2018, 10:09 AM

Default GT Icecream Lures

Has anyone on this forum used these salt water lures? GT Icecream?? I'm heading near PV Mexico for some surf fishing and off shore in October. just wondering if anyone has had luck in the past with these...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GT.jpg (2.8 KB, 61 views)
Old 08-28-2018, 08:37 PM

They’re great. Cast like a bullet, the assist hook prevents fish from creating leaverage on the hook when they spin and they’re harder to throw when thrashing. I’ve used the skinnies and the wedges before. Keep your tip high and reel fast, most effective when skittering along the surface. They’re meant to emulate fleeing baitfish. Can be used offshore too for mahis quite effectively.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:44 AM

I slayed them again this year with the skinny when there were fish. Casts like a dart and my best for distance for when the fish sre not in close. Just remember the skinny is a flat water lure and you will need the flat face or cone for rougher water. Also they are top water so if no action up top you will need a diving lure for your boat trip. Or have one on top and one deeper to see where the action is.