Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2018, 08:36 PM

Default Good Day on the Clay's

Retiring and having time now, I have made it a goal to introduce more of my friends to shooting sports. Some may eventually want to hunt but most do not, so their attitude is why have a gun. Getting them into shooting clay's or punching paper is a way to broaden the sport out.

Success so far:

One fellow that used to hunt (now 70) and quit. I have him back shooting clay's as a way to get out of the house for 1/2 day every two weeks and he is interested in going out for pheasants. First trip is planned.

Today I took two long time business associates out for the morning. One shoots handguns competitively and had zero interest in shotgunning, the other has no firearms, just not interested. A morning shooting sporting clay's, they both had big grins, one went directly to a couple of gun stores to look for a shotgun and the other has started his application process for a PAL. Nice day -- more than a few laughs and a couple of more added to shooting sports.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:46 PM

Default Friends

Perfect! That’s a great way to keep friends, as now you’ll spend time together shot gunning. Happy retirement.
Sst
Old 08-24-2018, 08:57 PM

Good on ya for taking the time to get your buds back into some fun clay shooting...it's a great sport and like you said.. A bunch of laughs as well..Bonus!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 08-24-2018, 09:03 PM

Good job! Getting more people involved is good for the sport. I hosted a husband and wife at skeet last night, and they had a great time. The wife is bruised up this morning, so they are headed out shopping to find a more suitable shotgun for her, that won't beat her up.