Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Thumbs up Ice fishing tournament\rattle snake lake,feb 5th&6th,2011

Just thought i'd let everyone know that there is a big catch and release, Ice fishing Tourny @ Rattler on the 5th & 6th of febuary.$25 to enter.

Prizes are biggest pike=$2500.00,2nd biggest=$1500.00,3rd biggest $500 or $1000(I forget),biggest walleye= $1000.00,biggest perch=$100.00.

Sponsered by medicin hat moose lodge,call them for details,or call 1-403-834-2664,for more information.

Good Fishing!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Just thought i'd let everyone know that there is a big catch and release, Ice fishing Tourny @ Rattler on the 5th & 6th of febuary.$25 to enter.

Prizes are biggest pike=$2500.00,2nd biggest=$1500.00,3rd biggest $500 or $1000(I forget),biggest walleye= $1000.00,biggest perch=$100.00.

Sponsered by medicin hat moose lodge,call them for details,or call 1-403-834-2664,for more information.

Good Fishing!!!
hmmm, very tempting indeed. Cheap too(: I reckon I'll sign up for this one. Thanx WJ!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM

This has also got me interested... Hmmm

Anyone else thinking about going from the Edmonton Area?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:10 PM

where is rattle snake lake
Old 01-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
where is rattle snake lake
20 minuits south of Medicine Hat,AB
Old 01-23-2011, 03:17 PM

oh ya thats to far south for me thanks though
Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM

Can you buy tickets at the lake the day of the derby or do you have to buy them in advance?

Nate
Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Can you buy tickets at the lake the day of the derby or do you have to buy them in advance?

Nate
I believe u can buy them right at the derby or in advance at the Med. Hat Moose Lodge office. There's a lil more info on the Med Hat Moose website. Starts Saturday 5th 7-4, then Sunday 7-3. Looking forward to it!
Cheers n GL!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Anybody heading to this one or is the $5100.00 all mine
Have not been out there in a couple weeks due to all the silly snow but I reckon the road in to the campground should be nice and plowed (I hope) assuming the derb is still a go. Either way, I'll be there. weather looks nice too!
Have fun n GL to any of ya going out, should be a good time!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:22 PM

if you find out the snow conditions post it, my weekend just opened up. its drifted really bad around here

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Anybody heading to this one or is the $5100.00 all mine
Have not been out there in a couple weeks due to all the silly snow but I reckon the road in to the campground should be nice and plowed (I hope) assuming the derb is still a go. Either way, I'll be there. weather looks nice too!
Have fun n GL to any of ya going out, should be a good time!
From the sounds of it,not alot of people sighned up yet,so you could have a good crack at winning some good cash!!

Even I cant go because of Work. FML, FM Job!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Srry to hear WJ, that sux.
I never registered yet either cuz I am unsure of conditions and will just register there. We're kinda heading out just hoping all will be well, condition wise....and fishing for biguns! I'm sure there will be plenty of tough competion out there
Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 PM

where is the campground on the lake, Ive never been there? is that where you drive on? I see a boatlaunch on the map, I assume thats the campground?
http://www.srd.alberta.ca/MapsFormsP...attlesnake.pdf

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
where is the campground on the lake, Ive never been there? is that where you drive on? I see a boatlaunch on the map, I assume thats the campground?
I'm horrible with directions as far as N/S/E/W goes lol but ya the boat launch is in the campground which is where you would have to enter to register I'm guessing. There are other lake access roads but I've never used them.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 PM

I see the winning location on the map, maybe I will go check it out tomorrow, does anyone have some rope I can borrow in case I get the big one early?

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-03-2011, 05:28 PM

I was out there last week and access was limited to say the least.
The road into campground was solid snow right to the intersection....no one has been getting in there for a while.
Aceess on inlet canal by Hutterites was very good,lots of snow on the ice with some water underneath in some spots.
I believe the main check in is in the campground area so they pretty much gotta get it ploughed....and its the main access to the lake to boot!!!
Like to say I'm gonna make it out but I will be fishin for bigger things alot farther south!!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Yes the boat launch is in the campground.
Several spots to get onto lake in the campground,either at the boat launch or just follow the road in south thru the campground to other access point.
Other access points when there is not too much snow are off TP120 at RR 84,90 or 91(road to the Hutterites).
On the north side you can do TP122 turn south onto RR83 then turn left and follow the dam(no vehicle access tho to lake...just walk on).
I find it hard to believe that the campground area won't be ploughed by then but who knows....
Old 02-03-2011, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the pike are getting over their lockjaw by the weekend.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-03-2011, 07:25 PM

http://members.shaw.ca/loom1073/images/IMGP1345.JPG

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-04-2011, 12:21 PM

Went down and checked it out this morning, at 9:30 I talked to the road crew supervisor and they were trying to get it cleaned out to the campground, he was hopeful they would have it done late today, but couldnt guarantee it. First time Ive seen them use a backhoe to clean the road, but its that bad in there. You can get across the dam but the road from there into the campground was terrible. From the look of the weather warning for the area they might be wasting their time cleaning the road. I almost hit the ditch a couple times on the way home with the sidegusts, Im thinking a few were likely over the 110 KM speed. Maybe they should postpone the derby for a week or something.

Summary
Local heavy snow and blowing snow tonight and Saturday. This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions...Listen for updated statements.

Details
A low pressure system currently over Northwestern Alberta will track into Southeastern Saskatchewan tonight. A strong northwesterly flow behind the low will produce heavy snow over the northern slopes and higher elevations of the Cypress Hills tonight and Saturday. Strong winds will also cause blowing snow with near zero visibilities at times. Precipitation will begin as rain this evening before changing to snow tonight adding to the hazardous conditions. Poor conditions are expected to continue into Saturday evening. Local snowfall totals could be as high as 20 to 30 centimetres by Sunday morning. Over Southwestern Alberta, strong westerly winds of 80 gusting to 110 km/h will continue off and on until this evening.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 02-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Went down and checked it out this morning, at 9:30 I talked to the road crew supervisor and they were trying to get it cleaned out to the campground, he was hopeful they would have it done late today, but couldnt guarantee it. First time Ive seen them use a backhoe to clean the road, but its that bad in there. You can get across the dam but the road from there into the campground was terrible. From the look of the weather warning for the area they might be wasting their time cleaning the road. I almost hit the ditch a couple times on the way home with the sidegusts, Im thinking a few were likely over the 110 KM speed. Maybe they should postpone the derby for a week or something.

Summary
Local heavy snow and blowing snow tonight and Saturday. This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions...Listen for updated statements.

Details
A low pressure system currently over Northwestern Alberta will track into Southeastern Saskatchewan tonight. A strong northwesterly flow behind the low will produce heavy snow over the northern slopes and higher elevations of the Cypress Hills tonight and Saturday. Strong winds will also cause blowing snow with near zero visibilities at times. Precipitation will begin as rain this evening before changing to snow tonight adding to the hazardous conditions. Poor conditions are expected to continue into Saturday evening. Local snowfall totals could be as high as 20 to 30 centimetres by Sunday morning. Over Southwestern Alberta, strong westerly winds of 80 gusting to 110 km/h will continue off and on until this evening.
Good report. And yes they should so I can go next weekend.