Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-07-2023, 06:09 PM

Default Pine coulee

Went out early this morn to beat the heat. Since I was there last week the lake is going down down down. Water level is almost to the cannot launch depth.

The north side of the launch, I started to back in knowing you had to have your truck and boat trailers wheels off the concrete. No issue right? Wrong I sunk almost to my knees in the mud, lucky to pull the truck and boat out. the south side of the launch (dock side) you also have to go off the launch pad but the ground is firm so you can get a smaller boat in. I think an 18ft. would have some real issues and need a tow.

I boated to the far so. end to check the spill way and it is dry zero water coming into the lake. I think 2 weeks max maybe only one before launching is not gonna happen.

Here's hoping for a big rain fall other wise the fishing from a boat other than a tinny or inflatable is done before the season even gets going.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:32 PM

We launched a 16' Explorer there Sunday. Did back off the end of the ramp, had to put in 4x4 to get out. Fishing was good though, nothing very big but lots of action.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 06-12-2023, 07:57 AM

Slow and low for us last week, won't go back until monsoons bring up the lake, it's sad to see some docks and a water slide 15' up from the lake level.