Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2023, 04:35 AM

Default Canadian Soldiers in Latvia - Another black eye for Trudeau

Canadian soldiers have to buy their own helmets and food after being deployed in Latvia, yet the Turd send millions to Africa for women's equality rights, what a bloody embarrassment.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ca...m_medium=email

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:00 AM

Not to mention the money he has sent to Ukraine.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:04 AM

This is the guy bragging to our allies, we'll never spend our obligatory 2. 5 % of GDP on defense.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 06-10-2023, 07:05 AM

Absolutely disgusting!
Old 06-10-2023, 07:06 AM

As soon as you realize “ they “- that includes JT ...... is destroying western civilization...... it will start to make sense.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Still going on I see....brutal....I remember improvising our gear according to deployment, tastings etc....many carried their own non issued weapons/gear cuz some of the crap we got issued was just that.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-10-2023, 07:40 AM

CF don’t vote liberal. Simple as that
Old 06-10-2023, 08:01 AM

I am finding this very hard to believe . When do troops leave with out their helmets never ! When do troops go out with out MRE never !

I do know if a solder gives his gear it away he has to replace it him self .
I know if a guy does not want to eat an MRE and wants go to town for a meal its out of his own pocket

I find it hard to believe 1500 guys land some where then find out they have to buy there own food . Credit cards... Not ! Pocket full of cash Not !

Really guys . Who believes this story
Old 06-10-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I am finding this very hard to believe . When do troops leave with out their helmets never ! When do troops go out with out MRE never !

I know if a guy does not want to eat an MRE and wants go to town for a meal its out of his own pocket

I find it hard to believe 1500 guys land some where then find out they have to buy there own food . Credit cards... Not ! Pocket full of cash Not !

CBC is reporting that the soldiers are buying their own gear, because what they are being issued is outdated, poor fitting, or poor quality, if CBC dares to print something that makes Trudeau look bad, there may be some truth to it.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 06-10-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:08 AM

Quote:

It must be true it's on the intra web!!!!
Old 06-10-2023, 08:12 AM

Troops do not usually fly to these deployments with helmets on leaving CFB whateverville.

You would be surprised to see the number of soldiers who report to the foreign base in the area of deployment off of a civilian flight. Gear follows.

There was a company in Edmonton called "Supply Seargent". I used to drop in once in a while in the early 1990's as they had surplus German Army Winter Pants and I was looking for a specific version and size.

Many many times there would be CF staff in Supply Seargent buying kit because they were being sent on deployment to Bosnia, and the kit we supplied was really low quality or not suitable at all.

As for a black eye on JT, how would you tell when he is in his "blackface" costume?

Drewski
Old 06-10-2023, 08:13 AM

Meanwhile let's give Ukraine an additional 500 million to help fund one of the most corrupt governments in the world, I mean military.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Meanwhile let's give Ukraine an additional 500 million to help fund one of the most corrupt governments in the world, I mean military.
The budget increase that our military received recently went to the Ukraine, and to diversity training, not to repair/update equipment.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:51 AM

While not in an active fighting zone… all soldiers should have the gear required. If they are not sent combat ready… then what are they doing there in the eyes of Trudeau? On a holiday?

Ukraine is in an active war and engaged in a major offensive. I understand they need assistance fighting an evil occupier… but there should be room for common sense supporting our own troops.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-10-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:

What makes you an expert on what is true or not? The proof is in the pudding as they say.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
CBC is reporting that the soldiers are buying their own gear, because what they are being issued is outdated, poor fitting, or poor quality, if CBC dares to print something that makes Trudeau look bad, there may be some truth to it.
exactly ^^^

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...mets-1.6864290
Old 06-10-2023, 03:00 PM

I remember the RSM ripping us for rearranging our web gear to put all our mag ouches on our left side or for having a piece of non-issue gear attached to that same yoke and belt. Many of us had Arktis vests and Brit chest rigs to carry enough magazines to get through a hit and the fun-cop was always on us.

Troops are now permitted to augment their gear with other useful, aftermarket gear through private purchase, but I highly doubt the helmet and rations part of this story. That part seems BS.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:48 PM

Troops are now permitted to augment their gear with other useful, aftermarket gear through private purchase, but I highly doubt the helmet and rations part of this story. That part seems BS.[/QUOTE]

Could be but I haven't seen Annand or any Military "leaders' denying it, unless I missed it.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I am finding this very hard to believe.
This is a really pickel, the Liberals vs the CBC, almost impossible to tell what's true!
Old 06-10-2023, 06:04 PM

I was on the base in Edmonton years ago. I was asking one of the guys how I could buy one of the backpacks they get issued.....he laughed, said they were crap and took me to a little store there where I bot a private made one that was far superior to the issued ones. Still have it.

We give hundreds of millions to Ukraine and neglect our own guys and girls....no matter what they are lacking, they should have it before some foreigner gets it......

Then again, you cant steal money unless you give it to a foreign government...thats how they get kick backs.....zero accountability.....
Old 06-10-2023, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I am finding this very hard to believe . When do troops leave with out their helmets never ! When do troops go out with out MRE never

It was not that long ago that troops in Poland were having to buy their own meals. With significant delays in repayment this was creating hardships for their families at home. This was carried as news in several eastern papers and the military said they would speed up the process of payment on claims.

This all happened when Junior was off on one of his many jet trips to another country. So he was able to duck questions.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...rsed-for-meals
Old 06-10-2023, 07:07 PM

I think if you send your troops to a far off land and you arent smart or prepared enough to ensure they have everything they need when they get there, you should be executed.

The next guy who takes that job will ensure it doesnt happen again.

No apologies accepted. No excuses.

If these scum sent their own kids, be assured this crap wouldnt be happening.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:38 PM

I grew up outside CFB Gagetown in NB, where most troops staged before deploying overseas years ago. There was a company called wheeler accessories / CF Gear that had a whole store of high quality gear 10 minutes from the gate. IT was all locally made and lasted forever. I have several of their backpacks going on 15-20 years. Have family in the military and they would buy almost all their accessories from there as the quality was excellent.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:13 PM

Just read Trudeau is giving 500 million to Ukraine and is/was just in Kyiv. Bit our guys can fend for them selves.
Trudeau said Saturday in Kyiv, where he told the country's parliament they are in a battle for "the future of us all."
Uugh!
Tullfan
Old 06-10-2023, 09:09 PM

Well like he said before, they're asking for more than he can give I guess. With any luck while hes over in Ukraine maybe a stray...never mind I better not.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
What makes you an expert on what is true or not? The proof is in the pudding as they say.
No they don't say that! Sorry, pet peeve time. The expression is
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
There is no proof in the pudding! Trust me, I've checked.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 06-11-2023, 06:48 AM

Just wanted to point out. This entire thread was started with an article in lifesitenews. Which is an OPINION channel that started as an anti-abortion vehicle and is a known fake news vehicle.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 06-11-2023, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Just wanted to point out. This entire thread was started with an article in lifesitenews. Which is an OPINION channel that started as an anti-abortion vehicle and is a known fake news vehicle.
And a link from CBC was also posted, but as we know CBC has become a fake news vehicle ,financed to promote liberal propaganda.
Old 06-11-2023, 07:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

All I know is that I as with many others made a career of adapting, overcoming and making due with what was standard issue....80-90 percent of our issues whether abroad or on home soil was brought on by our own government or representatives in place speaking on behave of those with boots on the ground.

Huge disconnect for the most part but it was rewarding at the end of the day that you adjusted accordingly and made the best of a really bad situation.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-11-2023, 09:17 AM

The Turd just made a trip to Ukraine and guess what, donated another $500 million of Canadian’s money. Absolutely disgusting!