Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 PM

Default Iosegun Lake by fox creek

Has any one fished this lake or smoke? i see this lake has walleye, Some pike is the fishing there any good?

Last edited by Gordoats26; 03-19-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 PM

I have only fished Smoke, once in open water two years ago and once during the winter last year. Both trips were worthwhile. Open water is ridiculous for walleye. Still the most walleye I have ever caught in a day there. Most under the 50 cm limit. Winter is less crazy but worth it. We landed about 1 dozen walleye and half a dozen pike. Nothing huge either way but we did see pike on the cam that were a little below 10 lbs and some definately over 10 lbs. We also saw a good number of whites including the biggest white I have ever seen on cam. I would have to guess at the weight but it was definately over 6 lbs.

They usually do not plow access so you can walk on or if you have a snomobile you are golden. If your walking try fishing just out from the boat lanch as it begins to drop from 8-15 feet. Cover the depths there and you will get walleye and see the other species as well. To the right of the boat lauch is a good reed bed and it is more shallow there. Good place for whites and pike.

I have seen baby burbs in open water time in the lake but didn't see any on the cam in winter. They should be there though...somewhere.

Good luck if you go. I know I'll be going back some day.

Cheers!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 PM

P.S. Just an FYI that you are likely to see the F&W officer. Both times I have been there, he was there. Checked out licenses and hooks on our lines. Nice fellow and really knowledgable about the area.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:48 PM

Good deal thanks snap im thinking im going to have to make a trip up to fox creek this summer and hit up Smoke one day an iosegun the next.