Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-20-2016, 09:21 AM

Default Dore Lake

Has anybody got an update on Dore? Or info on late Sept fishing there. I'm taking my Dad and brothers up there this Sept for my 40th and we usually go early June. I'm expecting where we usually catch to be covered in weeds. I'm not looking for a GPS to your favorite spot lol just broad strokes info would be great.
Thanks!
Old 08-22-2016, 10:17 AM

Fished Dore last year End of August. Walleye were tough, lots of structure everywhere, lots of steep breaks to deep water. Pike are shallow water, try to avoid the heavy weeds. Best action was on the South shore in 10 - 15 FOW.

Went in June, up to T bay, got tired of 5 pd (26 inch) walleye one after another, for 3 hours, went exploring to far west end near the closed bay, all along the north point to the closed area, non stop walleye and pike.

Fish there like BLUE everything. Alternative chrome Canadian Wigglers. Rattle Trap, the biggest that they make if you can find them at this time of year, in silver blue / silver black. Big lake, big water, big wind, big waves.

Take a SPOT with you. Very little boat traffic on the north side later in the year. Easy to get into trouble with the wind. Tower Lodge is a great host.

Drewski
Old 08-22-2016, 11:40 AM

Its way better in the prime time. Might be tough fishing. Good Luck. I would do a nice rainbow trip come fall !!!
Old 08-22-2016, 12:05 PM

As the water cools of in September things pick back up, you should have a chance at a real hog, August long the walleyes were biting quite well got a PB a 30" er, And I was 100 yards or so from the Michelle point boat launch.

I typically only time in the fall I get to fish there is October long, and it can be hit and miss then. Though Big Grassy and Saskatoon island are typically good spots. But any of the main lake cabbage beds should produce.

I don't spend a lot of time walleye fishing but for us any of the rocky shorlines seem to produce

X2 on big baits ( I regularly throw 8" bombers) when you are going for pike, Fire tiger has been out producing Blue silver for me the last few years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ArminPBWalleyeAug2016.jpg (38.9 KB, 99 views)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

I've had great luck in the lake in early June. It's when we usually go and yeah blue is our go to color too. Caught my 10.5 Lb Walleye on a ratlnrap in blue orange and silver.
Dad caught his biggest pike 28Lbs on the same hook 2 days apart and around 300 yards apart.

Hopefully run into some monster pike!