Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-18-2016, 07:28 PM

Default Looking for Opinions re: Fishing Lodge Cancellation

So I have a trip booked at a fishing lodge up north (I don't want to name the lodge at this point). About a month ago, something came up that could have potentially lead to me having to cancel. I contacted the lodge and they told me that if I had to cancel they would give me full credit to reschedule next year. I ended up not having to cancel then, but now I have had to cancel, and they are only going to give me a 50% credit for next year because they booked someone in the week after me and have expenses for the week I was supposed to be there. I was supposed to fly in this Saturday, September 24.

Should I try and convince them to give me full credit or is it not worth the fight? Do I have a case here?
Old 09-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
So I have a trip booked at a fishing lodge up north (I don't want to name the lodge at this point). About a month ago, something came up that could have potentially lead to me having to cancel. I contacted the lodge and they told me that if I had to cancel they would give me full credit to reschedule next year. I ended up not having to cancel then, but now I have had to cancel, and they are only going to give me a 50% credit for next year because they booked someone in the week after me and have expenses for the week I was supposed to be there. I was supposed to fly in this Saturday, September 24.

Should I try and convince them to give me full credit or is it not worth the fight? Do I have a case here?

I would think that for such a short notice cancellation you would be lucky to get anything in exchange for next year... Kind of how it goes from what I've seen. See if someone will pay you and be able to take the trip in your absence may be your only way to recoup lost $$$
Old 09-18-2016, 09:36 PM

If you made a commitment to show up for a week ( or whatever it is) they have made arrangements as well. It's not free for you to be there, several costs come into play and I'm sure with only a weeks notice they have prepared already.

It's a business. They have spent money to make money on your stay.... You're lucky to get anything in my opinion.

Sorry to hear you can't make it... That sucks!

You have several fishing enthusiasts at you finger tips right now... Try and sell a last minute trip. Maybe you can recover 75% or so of the cost...
Old 09-19-2016, 09:09 AM

Surprised you had to ask this question. It's seems they are being more than generous.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:37 PM

Thanks for your opinions everyone, I have posted the trip in the buy and sell section.