Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Default Gunsmith in Edmonton

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good gunsmith in the Edmonton area to do a re-drill and tap on a Remington 760 in 300 Savage.

I purchased the gun used from CGN and it turns out the previous owner neglected to inform me the gun shoots 40 moa low and 20 moa to the left. The scope is a Leupold VX2 that came off of my 30-06 that I have hunted with for years previously with no issues, so I'm not concerned about the scope. Also, looking down the rifle I can see that the center line of the scope is not parallel to the barrel center line.

The 40 moa low I will likely correct with some shim stock underneath the rail and bed with Devcon to fit nicely on the receiver. The 20 moa left I hope to correct with a re-drill and tap or I have also considered Burris signature zee rings with the 20 moa inserts. The only thing I don't prefer going the rings route is that the scope will sit a bit higher on the rifle and make an already poor cheek weld worse.

Let me know of any suggestions you may have.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:31 PM

Take it to KS Arms. Karl will sort it out for you. I highly recommend him.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:34 PM

40 moa low and 20 moa to the left and do you understand what that means? That's gunna take a lot of shimin and Devcon. And then what are going to end up with??
Old 11-08-2017, 12:36 PM

KS Highly recommended also.

I believe Karl is pretty much only doing rebarrels and actions. Call him and see what he says.