Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2020, 03:45 PM

Default NDP Back Trudeau. Here we go again!!

Looks like the NDP are backing the Throne Speech. Trudeau is back in for a while longer.

Although I sure didn't want an Election, I didn't really like the news. The NDP now have been bought off twice. What a collection of slimy, crooked unethical MP's!!

Well Jagmeet got his 500 bucks a week for EI and the paid sick leave he asked for.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:50 PM

And this is a surprise how?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-25-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
And this is a surprise how?
No it isn't a surprise. I don't think I said that it was. One good thing is Parliament can resume on a regular basis and the Committee's can get going with their restart on their investigations.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Even with all the work it would be to help on my MP’s campaign again, at a time when the pandemic has thrown off a lot of my business, I’d still prefer to spend another 60 hours helping out than have another 3 years of the Turd and his idiots calling the shots.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
No it isn't a surprise. I don't think I said that it was. One good thing is Parliament can resume on a regular basis and the Committee's can get going with their restart on their investigations.
Sorry Jim, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just absolutely disgusted even though we got exactly what we expected. Another BOHICA to Alberta, and all tax payers.

Agree that it's good the Committees can resume their work, investigating WE. But the Teflon Man will get a pass again I expect. If he can wear blackface and turn it into a learning moment for all of us who would never have done it....he is pretty untouchable.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-25-2020, 03:59 PM

As much as I detest the current government, a Federal election is not what we need right now.

I don't think t can't get much worse anyways...
Old 09-25-2020, 04:07 PM

Of course they support Trudeau, if there was an election, and Trudeau won a majority, they would lose the influence they have now.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:11 PM

Besides that, they are short of money to fund another campaign.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:24 PM

And the Liberals have swung so far left as to make the NDP irrelevant. As opposed to mostly irrelevant like they were last election. Frankly, if they had voted against the Throne Speech and forced the election, they would seriously have to consider being wiped out. So instead of political suicide, they opted for political prostitution, which is much more profitable as far as having any political influence goes.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Of course they support Trudeau, if there was an election, and Trudeau won a majority, they would lose the influence they have now.
There it is. With an election called now, they wouldn't do well, in comparison to either of the major parties. This way they get to govern the country.

Grizz
Old 09-25-2020, 05:15 PM

Trudeau has done pretty much as he pleased so far, unusual in a minority situation.
You can bet he's preparing the campaign that he'll run on, in the latest moves.
O'Toole needs to get out in front, as if the election has already been called.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:05 PM

Jugband is no different than the cretin steering the ship. Both parties think money grows on trees.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
Trudeau has done pretty much as he pleased so far, unusual in a minority situation.
You can bet he's preparing the campaign that he'll run on, in the latest moves.
O'Toole needs to get out in front, as if the election has already been called.

O'Toole's a lame duck leader with zero chance of cracking the left wing wall. PC's lost any shot they had at credibility when Poilievre dropped out.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:14 PM

Pollievre didn't drop out - he had never put his name in for the leadership.
He was asked why and he said it was a family decision.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2C3PO View Post
Pollievre didn't drop out - he had never put his name in for the leadership.
He was asked why and he said it was a family decision.

Yes. He dropped out of the running after giving every sign he was gearing up for it. Too bad really. They ended up with just another liberal instead. The guy should drop the O from his last name.

The only mildly stimulating one of the final four was Lewis.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6457742/p...-leadership-2/
Old 09-25-2020, 11:28 PM

All thin lipped politicians can't be trusted with our country or it's assets. I don't trust the conservatives any further than the liberals. The NDP party is gaining ground because maybe people don't forget the past.

Let's not forget about the Conservative - SNC Lavalin scandal too. It is not just the Liberal-SNC scandal. Didn't Harper sell the nuclear reactor division of the crown asset called Atomic Energy of Canada? Canadian Taxpayers paid into the CANDU reactor program for billions over many years and Harper sold it for a few million to a private company.
An interesting write up.
http://www.ccnr.org/SNC-Lavalin_radw...ption_2019.pdf

Now it is WE and Trudeau family.

No matter when the next election is or who takes control there will be another scandal because that's what thin lipped politicians do best with taxpayer's money.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-26-2020, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
All thin lipped politicians can't be trusted with our country or it's assets. I don't trust the conservatives any further than the liberals. The NDP party is gaining ground because maybe people don't forget the past.

Let's not forget about the Conservative - SNC Lavalin scandal too. It is not just the Liberal-SNC scandal. Didn't Harper sell the nuclear reactor division of the crown asset called Atomic Energy of Canada? Canadian Taxpayers paid into the CANDU reactor program for billions over many years and Harper sold it for a few million to a private company.
An interesting write up.
http://www.ccnr.org/SNC-Lavalin_radw...ption_2019.pdf

Now it is WE and Trudeau family.

No matter when the next election is or who takes control there will be another scandal because that's what thin lipped politicians do best with taxpayer's money.
The options we have to vote for have gotten ridiculous and the truth is the Conservatives are only the lesser of all evils. Unfortunately the NDP and the Liberals are so similar theses days except possible coalition government and patting eachother on the back to push their vision of what Canada should be
Old 09-26-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Sorry Jim, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just absolutely disgusted even though we got exactly what we expected. Another BOHICA to Alberta, and all tax payers.

Agree that it's good the Committees can resume their work, investigating WE. But the Teflon Man will get a pass again I expect. If he can wear blackface and turn it into a learning moment for all of us who would never have done it....he is pretty untouchable.
Well I hope he won't teflon out of this but you are right, he seems to be able to wiggle out of most any scandal. I have always hoped one of the girls from his short lived teaching career would come forward.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
And the Liberals have swung so far left as to make the NDP irrelevant. As opposed to mostly irrelevant like they were last election. Frankly, if they had voted against the Throne Speech and forced the election, they would seriously have to consider being wiped out. So instead of political suicide, they opted for political prostitution, which is much more profitable as far as having any political influence goes.
Nailed it!!
Old 09-26-2020, 07:44 AM

Red Bullets, you’re talking way too much sense and truth here.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:50 AM

Just me, or is life going to get really interesting after the American election ?

Grizz
Old 09-26-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Just me, or is life going to get really interesting after the American election ?

Grizz
I agree.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
There it is. With an election called now, they wouldn't do well, in comparison to either of the major parties. This way they get to govern the country.

Grizz
I think it likely they are more interested in keeping the lid off the cookie jar

Colin
Old 09-26-2020, 09:13 AM

There can be no winning situation for Canada in the US election results.
You can have the arbitrary, unpredictable protectionist policies of Trump, or the consistency of Democrat protectionist policies.
Our closest neighbors are not very friendly these days.
They want to lash out at someone for their own failed economic policies.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:42 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
You can have the arbitrary, unpredictable protectionist policies of Trump, or the consistency of Democrat protectionist policies.
I wonder what it would be like to have a leader like Trump who looks after the viability of his own country first....novel concept eh?
Old 09-26-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I'd rather have Trump than Trudeau any day. At least Trump looks after his own country. Trudeau doesn't give a rat's arse about anything more than enriching himself and his cronies. Worst case scenario, Trump is good for a laugh and driving leftists nuts which is fun too. Trudeau is literally good for nothing. I've scraped dog crap off my shoe that's worth more than Trudeau.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:58 AM

In the UK they have a new party. The Heritage party. Similar to a Canada party (Bernier).

https://www.heritageparty.org/manifesto/
Old 09-26-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
I'd rather have Trump than Trudeau any day. At least Trump looks after his own country. Trudeau doesn't give a rat's arse about anything more than enriching himself and his cronies. Worst case scenario, Trump is good for a laugh and driving leftists nuts which is fun too. Trudeau is literally good for nothing. I've scraped dog crap off my shoe that's worth more than Trudeau.
Yep....
Old 09-26-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Grizz
There will be fighting in the streets of Merica no matter who wins the election. Keep your powder dry and expect an influx of political refugees.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
There will be fighting in the streets of Merica no matter who wins the election. Keep your powder dry and expect an influx of political refugees.
I've always thought we could work out a great system for all the leftists that want to leave the US because of Republicans. It's a simply passport exchange, one for one. Any leftist that wants to come north just needs to find a conservative who wants to head south. They meet at the border, sign a few papers and bam. Give it a couple years and Canada will be full of liberals and America will be full of conservatives. Then the fun begins and we can start a betting pool. Which ideology is more condusive to running a successful country?