Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing_flower View Post
YIPPEE Can I reserve in your motorhome for my 3 dogs, they're small and 2 are almost hairless!
For sure!

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

GHANDI
Old 07-31-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo1969 View Post
Will probly be in the field harvesting by then i think. Sounds like fun but dont have a trailer the last 1 sounded very entertaining.
I have a tent you can borrow

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

GHANDI
Old 07-31-2009, 05:33 PM

just make sure you're not in it when she backs up the trailer..lol
Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 PM

Cool

Steve can you or Jeff fill give us a report on the camping situation there? What sort of sites, (gravel or grass) rest room facilities, water, whatever you have? looks like it falls on my 4 day weekend again, darn I will likely be there Thursday in that case. We doing a potluck again? I should have lots of garden stuff to bring. besides some hillbilly hootch too. Looking forward to it big time, and looking forward to meeting some of the northerners too this time. Gonna be a PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-31-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Steve can you or Jeff fill give us a report on the camping situation there? What sort of sites, (gravel or grass) rest room facilities, water, whatever you have? looks like it falls on my 4 day weekend again, darn I will likely be there Thursday in that case. We doing a potluck again? I should have lots of garden stuff to bring. besides some hillbilly hootch too. Looking forward to it big time, and looking forward to meeting some of the northerners too this time. Gonna be a PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty sure its all crown there, so no campground. Just basically cop a squat wherever you will fit. Bring your own restrooms/water/generator/everything. Sounds like there will be plenty of trailers, I'm sure someone will let you borrow a bathroom in an emergency. =) Sounds like fun!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 PM

who needs a bathroom when theres a million trees!!!! if its anything like the last gathering, its a guaranteed good time, good food, good libations, and some great people!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 PM

Default AOL Gathering

Yup Wayne, no restrooms, lots of trees and grass, so bring your porta potie, Your going to be out in the wilds of alberta. We will try to have a dock set up for you so you will feel at home. LOL. Swan isnt fishing to good right now as the lakers are deep but there are some pike in the lake, they are hunkered down by the outlet. The lake itself is very hard to fish from shore and the dock is not very into the lake, lots of weeds around it. Swan Creek is there also, some jacks in there for those that want to walk along and fish. Not that far to Elk creek and Elk Creek pond for the adventurist. . Tay River crosses Swan Lake Rd and can be fished for those that want to walk and wade.
Nice area for those that want some wildlife photos as there are lots of deer and moose around. The zones are wmu 324 and 326 for those that want to know.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Yup Wayne, no restrooms, lots of trees and grass, so bring your porta potie, Your going to be out in the wilds of alberta. We will try to have a dock set up for you so you will feel at home. LOL. Swan isnt fishing to good right now as the lakers are deep but there are some pike in the lake, they are hunkered down by the outlet. The lake itself is very hard to fish from shore and the dock is not very into the lake, lots of weeds around it. Swan Creek is there also, some jacks in there for those that want to walk along and fish. Not that far to Elk creek and Elk Creek pond for the adventurist. . Tay River crosses Swan Lake Rd and can be fished for those that want to walk and wade.
Nice area for those that want some wildlife photos as there are lots of deer and moose around. The zones are wmu 324 and 326 for those that want to know.
I will haul along my canoe this time, big pike eh? I like those, but how about Rockies? Im rather good with those, or used to be, doubt I will ever catch almost 200 of anything again, but Ive caught almost 40 rockies before going to work, so those might be a plan. Might even drag along my old fly rod and see if I can piece my ears, might have to practice up at the forks this weekend, see if the Goldeyes are hungry.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 PM

Yup, there are Rockies in the Clearwater River, so you can practice on them. I would suggest you bring your Fly Rod as there is a lot of places you can use it to fish. rainbows, browns, some brookies and cutties too Ya Hoo
Old 07-31-2009, 10:09 PM

i'll be bringin mine if my boss will let me go...
Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 PM

Default AOL Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
i'll be bringin mine if my boss will let me go...
Hey Christine, Im really hoping you can make it. I thought you might like to go up to Cow lake and try the pike there. We could always pop up and take the boat out.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 PM

well i'll guess i'll have to see if i can go......but it seems the only COW in my way is my boss..lmfao
Old 07-31-2009, 10:21 PM

This sounds like a hoot. If I'm not packing in a sheep camp that weekend, I may just have to see if I can't pop up for a visit.......

Tree
Old 07-31-2009, 10:27 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
well i'll guess i'll have to see if i can go......but it seems the only COW in my way is my boss..lmfao
Yup bosses are like that but at least your working... Unlike me right now I just go fishing, PHEW
Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 PM

i'd rather fish..lol
Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
This sounds like a hoot. If I'm not packing in a sheep camp that weekend, I may just have to see if I can't pop up for a visit.......

Tree
I think there are more than a few of us that would like to swap lies with you too, got a feeling you will fit right in. just leave the baby crows at home

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 07-31-2009, 11:04 PM

sounds like it might be a blast this ole northern redneck just might show up.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:32 AM

Hi ya folks..I am totally new in here( this is my second post) but Michelle got me into this site and told me about the gathering. I am gonna try and make it,get the boat wet and wash off a few hooks. Now if I could just figure out how to resize my pic to avatar size and get it up life would be good!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:28 PM

welcome ice, if Michelle gave you the thumbs up you cant be all bad! the gathering will be a lot of fun, if its anything like the last one, a lot of great people! And Christine walking into trailers

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 08-01-2009, 08:29 PM

**** off dock monkey :P
Old 08-01-2009, 08:34 PM

that says p!ss btw, not sure why thats a swear..lol
Old 08-01-2009, 08:36 PM

its all in the intent tell your boss you will be sick the gathering weekend. this time I want to get pics when you do something funny

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 08-01-2009, 08:39 PM

I wish i could get away with that, unfortunately she's ALWAYS on some stupid outing.....her family goes camping pretty much every weekend during the summer and me wanting to go for the 2nd time this summer is such a big deal......spoiled brat much?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 PM

yah but we like you anyways

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 PM

if i was a spoiled brat i'd get to take off whenever i want and only work 2.5 days a week too..lmfao
Old 08-02-2009, 10:22 AM

Welll hpoefully it will work out that i can take that weekend off, id love to go again it was ablast last time. We will just have to see if time is on my side this next couple weeks.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I think there are more than a few of us that would like to swap lies with you too, got a feeling you will fit right in. just leave the baby crows at home
We'll see..........

I'm almost 100% sure about making it up for a visit. I'll likely leave after work, crash in the truck overnight and head home in the morning. I'll be flying solo, so I'll have lot's of room if anyone else wants to tag along.

Tree
Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 PM

are you from Calgary by chance???and which day are you gonna go?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentspectator View Post
Welll hpoefully it will work out that i can take that weekend off, id love to go again it was ablast last time. We will just have to see if time is on my side this next couple weeks.
might want to bring a hat this time, the fire lookouts see that bald head glowing at night they might call in the waterbombers!!!!!!!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 08-02-2009, 04:16 PM

shhh, dont tell him, that would be such a good video!!lol
Closed Thread