Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-26-2009, 10:06 PM

If anybody who's coming has a few small wrenches they could bring along, that would be really cool. I'm trying to change my auger blades, but I can't get at the inside bolts with my crescent wrench! Not sure what size I need...something around 3/8" I'm guessing

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
That's the name of the game this time around...sounds like there may be a few kids in the mix and it would just be fun for everybody to catch something and get out and do some socializing

Depending on my work situation, as soon as I have time available I want to organize another gathering, and bigger fish are definitely going to be a part of that plan!

Good I just did not want to see guys leaving unhappy B/C it was not the best fishing

And I will bring my socket set for you

Last edited by lyallpeder; 12-26-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
Good I just did not want to see guys leaving unhappy B/C it was not the best fishing

And I will bring my socket set for you
Sweet, thanks

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Should be a 5/16th

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 12-27-2009, 05:32 PM

So who's going to be out early enough for breakfast?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
So who's going to be out early enough for breakfast?

I will be out some time from 8,9 or 10 am no b-fast for me thanks. geezle how will we find you?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:43 PM

i took a drive out to Hasse today about 1 and there were oh id say about 15 trucks in a main area with about 15 shacks and were all doing ok talked to one guy said tehre about about 22" to 28" depending on where you where they were all between the island adn the main drive on area. about 100 yards out from shore. he said they were biteing he seen some pretty good ones.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:10 PM

I was at Hasse yesterday - about half dozen trucks on the ice and a couple of dozen shantys. The ice where we were was a good 12 inches but not more than that. I still would not take my truck out but I am a coward.

Still lots of small perch but we didn't see any pike this time.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 12-27-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I will be out some time from 8,9 or 10 am no b-fast for me thanks. geezle how will we find you?
Farked if I know how you'll find me!

I drive a bright green 4 door jeep with the soft top still on, so if I'm brave enough to drive out on the ice you can look for that. Don't have a tent of my own but I'll be dragging around a blue sled with a white canvas cover, so you can look for that...or for me in a blue work jacket with reflective stripes on it.

Just holler "JAY!" and I'll holler back?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-27-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:

i'll have my tent up probably its i ugly blue 2 man tent or just look for the fat guy in camo swearing at his auger..

cant find any 2 stroke oil for my auger hope someone can sell me a tank of gas.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 PM

i got oil a hole 1 L of it

Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLYBILLYBARRY View Post
i got oil a hole 1 L of it
oh hold on we talking oil for mixing with gas augar?

Old 12-27-2009, 07:41 PM

Ill be the one in the black security jacket with reflective stripes. If anyone wants to stop by and say hello feel free.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 12-27-2009, 07:42 PM

Daughter is sick... won't be coming out tomorrow. Hope you guys have better luck than the wife and I had out there today. We fished for a couple hours but were skunked.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 PM

yup barry im almost out of gas for my auger. what time u coming out? cant find any good bait either every thing is dead.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
yup barry im almost out of gas for my auger. what time u coming out? cant find any good bait either every thing is dead.
im not gonna be able to make it i have to work in the morning mite try and stop out for the afternoon depending on if nothing get booked in or not. i have to break in my new shanty and new ice augar cant waite! was gonna be done but ran out welding wire when finishing the stove so im not done that yet

Old 12-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I found a good pack of maggots today, and I'm more than happy to share Got a jar of dough as well.

Is there anywhere convenient on the way in the West where we could meet up with mooseknuckle?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 PM

where is moose knuckle at on the west end lots of places we could meet shell truck stop on 118th ave 170st nosales sports lot yellowhead and st albert tr

i got my stove and coffee pot along with some cups cream and sugar so we can have a coffee if we like.

and i have a tub of small minnows
Old 12-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
where is moose knuckle at on the west end lots of places we could meet shell truck stop on 118th ave 170st nosales sports lot yellowhead and st albert tr

i got my stove and coffee pot along with some cups cream and sugar so we can have a coffee if we like.

and i have a tub of small minnows
Err...I think his shop is around 180st and 107 ave...the truck stop sounds like it would work Terry, get in here so we can sort this out!

Do you have a pan? I've got the bacon and eggs, and mooseknuckle is bringing out some paper plates and forks and whatnot.

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 PM

2 frying pans already in the truck.. if his shop is on 180th st and 107 i think there is a timmies on 184th and 107ave
Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
2 frying pans already in the truck.. if his shop is on 180th st and 107 i think there is a timmies on 184th and 107ave
Sweet

The Tim's there sounds good to me...just gotta get mooseknuckle on the trolley!

I'm taking off for the rest of the night, but I'll be checking the thread in the morning before heading out.

redneck posse...I'll see you at the Tim's on 34ave and 99st at 7

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-27-2009, 09:15 PM

timmies at 7 ill be there
Old 12-27-2009, 09:35 PM

Looks like I will be able to come, not sure what time you guys intend to get to the shore there exactly but I will be aiming for 830am. Guess I'll be identifiable for being in a leather jacket, karhardts and a confused wandering around the ice. I had to come after all I got a fish finder for xmas and need to try it out.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:47 PM

sorry guys just watched new family guy funny sheeet Yeah that timmies is on 184st and 111 ave perfect I've heard 7 and 7:30 so I'm shoot for 7ish - 7:15 we I've got a bunch of paper plates and plastic cutlery and cups and stuff if someone is bring coffee thats awesome I've got a few different types of bait aswell si we should be good between all of us I'm thinkin. I threw a couple of garbage bags in the truck as well to haul off the lake. So tomorrow morn then folks FYI I'll be in my truck blue dodge ram.

It's gonna be a good one!!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:05 PM

mooseknuckle im meeting geezle at timmies on 99st and 34ave at 7am so im guessing we will be at 184 and 111 about 730 ish to hopefully be lake side 815ish and i have coffee plus pot , stove, cream, and sugar.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpietrzak1979 View Post
Looks like I will be able to come, not sure what time you guys intend to get to the shore there exactly but I will be aiming for 830am. Guess I'll be identifiable for being in a leather jacket, karhardts and a confused wandering around the ice. I had to come after all I got a fish finder for xmas and need to try it out.
we should hopefully be there about the same time.. i have a blue ford ranger geezle has a green jeep and mooseknuckle has ................................
Old 12-27-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
we should hopefully be there about the same time.. i have a blue ford ranger geezle has a green jeep and mooseknuckle has ................................
I have a Chrysler Intrepid, hopefully see you guys there. See if the fish finder can spot those damned elusive trout.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpietrzak1979 View Post
Sweet, glad you'll be able to make it out And we should be getting there around the same time as you...maybe just slightly earlier if the roads cooperate

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-28-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
sorry guys just watched new family guy funny sheeet Yeah that timmies is on 184st and 111 ave perfect I've heard 7 and 7:30 so I'm shoot for 7ish - 7:15 we I've got a bunch of paper plates and plastic cutlery and cups and stuff if someone is bring coffee thats awesome I've got a few different types of bait aswell si we should be good between all of us I'm thinkin. I threw a couple of garbage bags in the truck as well to haul off the lake. So tomorrow morn then folks FYI I'll be in my truck blue dodge ram.

It's gonna be a good one!!
Dammit...I was distracted and missed the new cartoons last night!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-28-2009, 06:57 PM

Awesome day gentleman, hey jay you know that little sound bite when bow and luke duke hit a jump in the general lee. Did you hear that today? Sorry couldn't help it.