Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2016, 05:55 PM

I put a stop loss in at 13.60, right in the middle of a big drop. Q trade has still not posted what I got for them. Hopefully right around there. I bought in at 3 dollars so I'm happy. I don't think it will go up anymore, it was over priced at 10.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-16-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I put a stop loss in at 13.60, right in the middle of a big drop. Q trade has still not posted what I got for them. Hopefully right around there. I bought in at 3 dollars so I'm happy. I don't think it will go up anymore, it was over priced at 10.
No one knows what will happen. But Cgc had 7 up days before today. A pull back was bound to happen.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bought in for 2.40, sold half yesterday at 13.48. I'm pretty happy.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_forget View Post
No one knows what will happen. But Cgc had 7 up days before today. A pull back was bound to happen.
Yesterday was not a pull back it was the purposefull act of stock manipulation by the IIROC via trading halts.Somebody felt Canopy was overheated and decided to take the stock down a notch.

Today Canopy traded in the range it has for the last week with 10.2 million shares in volume and it was up by $1.66 which is still below the close on Tuesday.I have never seen 8 trading halts on a stock in a single day of trading.Some other members mentioned Bre-X but that is a completely different thing when investors find out it was a stock ponzie scheme and the gold was a hoax.I did not have enough money at the time to invest in Bre-X but if I had and had gotten in at .10 cents a share and saw the stock hit $20 a share I most definately would have sold.If I did hang on a bit longer the BIG sell for me was when the geologist supposedly jumped out of a helicopter of Borneo....he did not jump he was thrown out....only way he jumped if it was DB Cooper style with millions safely tucked away in a swiss bank account and a parachute on his back and a nice new false identity....naw he was thrown out

Back to the slow grind upwards for CGC I hope.

FTH
Old 11-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
Yesterday was not a pull back it was the purposefull act of stock manipulation by the IIROC via trading halts.Somebody felt Canopy was overheated and decided to take the stock down a notch.

Today Canopy traded in the range it has for the last week with 10.2 million shares in volume and it was up by $1.66 which is still below the close on Tuesday.I have never seen 8 trading halts on a stock in a single day of trading.Some other members mentioned Bre-X but that is a completely different thing when investors find out it was a stock ponzie scheme and the gold was a hoax.I did not have enough money at the time to invest in Bre-X but if I had and had gotten in at .10 cents a share and saw the stock hit $20 a share I most definately would have sold.If I did hang on a bit longer the BIG sell for me was when the geologist supposedly jumped out of a helicopter of Borneo....he did not jump he was thrown out....only way he jumped if it was DB Cooper style with millions safely tucked away in a swiss bank account and a parachute on his back and a nice new false identity....naw he was thrown out

FTH
Nah, he threw someone elses body out of heli and is living it up with his millions on an island paradise
Old 11-17-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post

FTH
It's single stock circuit breakers which caused all the halts. Computer making the halts not some guy in Toronto or the illuminati. Gain or drop of 10% in 5 minutes trips it.
https://www.google.ca/amp/business.f...it-breaker/amp
Old 11-17-2016, 07:44 PM

Aurora for me, and they grow out of Cremona. Big facility expansion proposed, community hearing is tonight. All are following cgc right now but some other good players, mettrum, ogi, aphria. If legalization goes through watch the revenues fly. Dot. Com over again just alot less players. Coming to a Shoppers near you.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:25 AM

The potential is probably huge but in canopys case the company is valued at one billion dollars for selling 2000lbs of pot in one quarter..... which is 10 million in total revenue max or less.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Sure is interesting looking back into the past. WEED currently trading at $44 after a $5B investment from Constellation Brands. Might revisit this in 3-5 more years when WEED is $200 / share.

I own APH, ACB and GLH.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:46 AM
Banned

Get out while you can still make a profit. Medical marijuana and marijuana in general will drop in price significantly when the market is flooded in a couple years and possibly sooner. The break even price for producers is coming. Good for us and bad for them. Why would someone pay $15 a gram when they could grow it for $1.50? My prediction is many people will loose big time in the whole industry. Look at oregon for example, over a million kilos in stock because they can’t sell it. I have paid $17.50 a gram from my producer which is robbery in my eyes and it’s the corporations like this that will sink the quickest when the flood happens.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:49 AM

Wait when the tobacco companies start growing it .
Old 08-19-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokman View Post
Sure is interesting looking back into the past. WEED currently trading at $44 after a $5B investment from Constellation Brands. Might revisit this in 3-5 more years when WEED is $200 / share.

I own APH, ACB and GLH.
Good Lord, please don't remind me. LOL

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokman View Post

I own APH, ACB and GLH.
It is a proposed transaction at this time. If the Gov of Canada says no to the deal Weed will drop back down to $25-30/share.