Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2018, 08:43 AM

Default Spruce Grove Thieves Caught On Video... First Alberta nomination for Darwin Awards 2018

I normally don't post these types of things, but you can't even make this stuff up! Kudos to the bystander for helping out. One or both would have gotten away without his help.

Can't help but think this would have had a different outcome south of the border

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1427650
Old 07-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Banned

Dont do drugs
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 AM

Thats hilarious!!

Thanks for posting that.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM

They definitely qualify as stupid, but a Darwin Award requires that they remove themselves from the gene pool during their actions, be it by death or sterilization. The girl came close, hitting her head at the right angle would have done the trick. I'm curious why the cop didn't handcuff immediately when the taser was still in effect?
Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They definitely qualify as stupid, but a Darwin Award requires that they remove themselves from the gene pool during their actions, be it by death or sterilization. The girl came close, hitting her head at the right angle would have done the trick. I'm curious why the cop didn't handcuff immediately when the taser was still in effect?
Ha! Good point - I should have said 'future Darwin Award nominees'.

I'm gonna guess under the influence of meth, given how quickly the guy rebounded from the taser
Old 07-02-2018, 09:37 AM

Now THAT was Funny
Old 07-02-2018, 09:38 AM

Interesting how often people choose to hide/attempt escape in ceilings. One time probably 20 years ago there was an alarm at our shop and my Dad arrived to let the police in, entry had been made through a window. They arrested a one-shoed perp down the street and his matching shoe was inside our shop, but when they were at a back counter there was a footprint on a writing pad that did not match the shoe of the other perp, the officer had my Dad step away and instructed the other perp to get out of the ceiling, what Dad described as a junkie looking girl then came out through a ceiling tile.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 AM

My wife showed me that clip from utube. Someone put the Benny hill music to it, made it so comical.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:54 AM

The little loser put up a good fight, the LEO was damn fortunate the bigger guy was there blocking the door for him or he would have lost them both. Kudos to the bystander.
More tazering would have been in order imo. Zap. Nope still twitching. Zap zap.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-02-2018, 10:17 AM

Maybe not politically correct however it may have been more effective to taser him with a 9mm. Just saying.

She was lucky she fell where/how she did. Few inches to the right and head first she may have not faired so well.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:34 AM

That was hilarious! The bigger fella should have been more aggressive though.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:43 AM

The RCMP officer gets a fail for not being able to subdue the one male perp. Terrible.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Sounds like wrestling with Treeguy- he says that he may lose but it will be like trying to bath a cat. Nobody will be happy, the cat will likely be dry and everyone will be covered in wounds.

The little greasy dirtbag was giving everything he had and the LEO had nothing to grab ahold of. I saw a LEO and I mean a strong fit 0% fat fit LEO trying to restrain a little girl one time, he absolutely could NOT put cuffs on her. Amazing what drugs and anger/feat/hatred does to someone that does not want to be detained.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Banned

the cop looked afraid to engage and really struggled. The video with the funny music was hilarious.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
The RCMP officer gets a fail for not being able to subdue the one male perp. Terrible.
As entertaining as the video was, that was my impression. The perp was down on the ground after being tasered, and he couldn't get him cuffed.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
the cop looked afraid to engage and really struggled. The video with the funny music was hilarious.
To be fair to the cop, pretty hard to grab a hold of a guy with no shirt on. Should have been tased a few more times.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-02-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
. Should have been tased a few more times.
Yes, right in the temple about 6 times should do it.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 PM

I like how he grabs some all seasoned sun flower seeds to throw at the cop...lol
Buddy’s lucky he didn’t get the boots put to him...
Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 PM

pitiful
Old 07-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Banned

Good grief.... I'm glad the REAL cops finally showed up
Old 07-02-2018, 02:52 PM

Yup, some countries and the bad guy would have been taking the taking the room temperature test....
Cop did a good job not laying the boots to him or popping a cap cause he knew he was on camera to be used against him.
Better to take some ribbing at the office and depot have a learning tool for new recruits.
Rob
Old 07-02-2018, 04:28 PM

Pricesless... Love the way it was edited together. Surprise! Gravity still works!
Old 07-02-2018, 04:44 PM

The lady behind the counter does not seem to care about what is going on.
As if the is happens on a regular basis.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:13 PM

I could watch scumbags get tasered all day long....
Old 07-02-2018, 07:02 PM

More continued use of the taser gun on "scum bag low life"x 2 by the officer might have helped. But then the SJW`s(and most liberals) would have wailed and gnashed their teeth on the brutality on the poor "victims" !
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Sounds like wrestling with Treeguy- he says that he may lose but it will be like trying to bath a cat. Nobody will be happy, the cat will likely be dry and everyone will be covered in wounds.

The little greasy dirtbag was giving everything he had and the LEO had nothing to grab ahold of. I saw a LEO and I mean a strong fit 0% fat fit LEO trying to restrain a little girl one time, he absolutely could NOT put cuffs on her. Amazing what drugs and anger/feat/hatred does to someone that does not want to be detained.
Yup no different than jiu jitsu with no gi on. But I guess if you are a cop with no grappeling experience this is what you get.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Yup no different than jiu jitsu with no gi on. But I guess if you are a cop with no grappeling experience this is what you get.
And with the LEO's likely being constantly told by the Sargeant's that 'the camera's are always rolling do not be caught using excessive force' a good kick in the lips could possibly be conceived as excessive force lol. Especially when every piece of video ever found makes it's way to CBC showing Uncalled for Police Brutality against the poor helpless couple just trying to survive'

I always found that a REAL good throat hold followed with a foot sweep and knee to the chest or back makes for a great submission hold in short time.

Tazer works well too

Old 07-02-2018, 09:12 PM

He tried for the officers gun. He’s lucky he was not shot. They were very desperate to escape and backup was called many times and arrived much later than they should have. There’s more to the story but.......
Old 07-02-2018, 09:44 PM

On one of the Yankee sites I frequent they are laughing at our judicial system, at the Leo, at the store owner, etc. It was real funny when it was found out that the 2 are allegedly "Americans"!

Old 07-02-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:

MY thoughts as well
Pin