Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2008, 08:28 PM

Default Most Frustrating Fishing day ever!

Well today I went to my spot near spray lakes a small chanel that runs off it near the summit of Chinamen's peak (Canmore). It was crystal clear and we could see literaly 100's of fish near the bridge and so the fishing began.

NOT A FREAKIN BITE! I tried every spoon/spinner/jig I had and they just didnt seem interested? It looked like 2 HUGE trout werre spawning and lots of whitefish were flollowing with various smaller trout. The biggest trout seen was easily over 7lbs and near 2ft long.

I am from Ontario and pretty much know how to fish well there but I guess I must have been doing it all wrong here in ALberta? Ive caugth many fish at the same spot before 99% with Black/yellow 5 diamonds but not today and I never ever seen that many fish in that area before?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the fish to bite when they all clustered together under a bridge in the 100's ? I was thinking maggots next time or some form of legal bait and also I was fishing between 5pm and 8pm so I might have been fishing the wrong time of day? Anyway any help on how to catch em when they seem to be clustered would be awsome!