Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-24-2017, 06:12 PM

Default Doh!

Hi guys, I feel so stupid for what happened today! Was heading fto Garrington bridge (RDR) this afternoon to enjoy the afternoon. When we arrived at the bridge and I started to rig up the rods I noticed the end gate was left open and our black tote containing our waders was gone, it had fallen out somewhere en route. Needless to say we immediately re-traced our tracks back to Olds but with no luck finding it/them. I feel terrible because my girlfriends waders where in the tote with mine. ARRRGGGGH!
I was hoping an honest forum member might have picked it up, if so please pm me.

Thx
D
Old 08-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Banned

There is nothing worse than losing something and not finding it when you retrace your route. My buddy lost a VERY expensive level when his tailgate popped open without him knowing after being cut off one day and having to take to the ditch to avoid a collision. He pulled back onto the gravel road not noticing his tailgate had popped until he got to the jobsite. He retraced his route and no level?! Fortunately someone came along and found it and brought it into the local nearby building supply store my friend deals with and they knew whose it was right away. He was lucky to have had an honest person try to locate the owner. Apparently it was right on the side of the road where he exited the ditch and the person who found it thought this is no ordinary level, it must belong to a local contractor so went to the town building supply store figuring they may know whose it was. Hope you get your waders back.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Banned

Been there done that. As bad as you feel now, it could have been worse. I think everyone has some sort of similar story, but last fall my hunting partner left his 12 guage leaning on the back tire while he unlocked the truck. Sure enough, we drove away and the shotgun was left lying on the road. Pure luck that we returned later and saw it lying there. lol
Old 08-24-2017, 08:48 PM

Lost my wife Helly Hanson rain suit this spring coming home from a quad ride. To make matters worse she asked are those going to blow out, I said of course not! I am never going to live that one down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 12:16 PM

One of our neighbors runs a DJ service. Transports his gear out of a small cargo trailer. He was presumably enroute to a gig when we passed him at a corner. A lady was in the process of waving him down, his trailer door had opened. A little further down close to home my kid saw a light stand that had fallen out. He ran out and placed it on the guys front step. My neighbor was very appreciative of the recovery the next day! That stuff is not cheap, and it takes a long time to gather the right stuff for the setup.