Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Cool

Congrats on the buy!

I got mine in February and still haven't taken the maiden voyage yet. It is all inflated, sunscreened (303 Aerospace protectant), and ready to go. I can't wait to break in the material a bit, still difficult to get floor in.

Are you going to name yours?

Maybe I will start a thread, boat names?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Just put the boat together. Don't think it took a half hour, floor in no problem, stringers in no problem.. Took longer to install the wheels on the transom than putting the boat together. Maiden voyage tomorrow if it's not pouring rain. Yup would fit into a car if you want to assemble and deassemble the boat. It all fits in a bag. Weight is a little up there, 122 lbs but with the detatchable wheels on it. It is easy to pick up and move around.
sounds like a good little boat, hope Margaret doesnt get excited and bite holes in it is it treble hook proof? Dont find out the hard way like I did or at least keep a roll of duct tape handy. saved my bacon

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-05-2012, 10:49 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosnowsk8er View Post
i'm also looking into one of these boats, mostly want to float the bow with it tho, what do you guys think? good option for the bow?
This is a great question. I have floated the Bow many, many times over the years in my Metzler inflateable. Just make sure you have a good seat in the middle and positioned so that you can row easily. The inflateables work well in the bow and are much more stable than a lot of the other crafts I see floating down the river. Plus you can store your gear and a cooler in it.

If your seat is not positioned exactally where you need it I have seen others use one of the heavy duty 6 day coolers to sit on.

Rob
Old 05-05-2012, 10:53 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Well I did it. Just got back from Edmonton. Just bought the Seamax HD330 with alluminum floor. Was a debate over air vs alluminum but with the dog I chose the alluminum. The boat is 10"8 inches. Also invested in the wheels for it to transport from the truck to the water. Should be an adventure assembiling it. Thanks for all your advise...

Keep your hooks in the water
I think you made a great choice. The wheels are not that bad to install. They only take an hour or so and you will be happy with the results. They make transporting the boat very easy. The wheels flip up when you are in the water. Or you can easily remove them to get them out of the way.

We will have to get out on the water this summer. My wife actually says she's going to come fishing with me this summer. We will see. That depends on the first trip we take. If she outfishes me I may not bring her for another 6 years.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercatcher View Post
cool! That kind of boat wouldn't fit in a car , right. Just looking for something that would fix
It should fit easily. My 380 packs up to about 3'x2'x18" but I've added seats and other stuff so its a bit bigger now. Fits on the bunk in the trailer fine though.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Well had the boat out today and Maggie too. Goes well with the 40lb thrust motor. Maggie wasn't sure about the boat at first but she setteled down quick. She"s not to sure of the alluminum floor so I will put a carpet down for her. Got pics and have spent the last hour trying to post them from my iPad. Tried photobucket but still having troubles. Will figure it out. When I come down may long Wayne the boat is for me and your miss's. The fish too.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da'Newf View Post
Haven't had any warranty issues with the Seabright Marine 12.5' boat yet.
Good conversations about the inflatables here... and I too wondered about the Seabright brand from Nova Scotia. They have some very nice looking inflatables for relatively inexpensive pricing.

I am curious as it is a year later since many of these conversations, has anyone with seabrights had any issues? or anyone know of issues with them?

I am very tempted to spring $2600 on 16 foot one. Since we'd be using it in the ocean (within a mile of shore), I didn't want to get something small.

The motor we were thinking of is a honda 9.9 or 15 hp. Anyone have any experiences with the honda outboards?

thanks!!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Good conversations about the inflatables here... and I too wondered about the Seabright brand from Nova Scotia. They have some very nice looking inflatables for relatively inexpensive pricing.

I am curious as it is a year later since many of these conversations, has anyone with seabrights had any issues? or anyone know of issues with them?

I am very tempted to spring $2600 on 16 foot one. Since we'd be using it in the ocean (within a mile of shore), I didn't want to get something small.

The motor we were thinking of is a honda 9.9 or 15 hp. Anyone have any experiences with the honda outboards?

thanks!!
9.9hp barely plane 11 foot (rated 15HP). 16foot is rated 50HP, I would get at least 40HP+.