Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 PM

Default Newell Saturday

Finally got onto Newell this season, lots of snow and some slush, 4x4 recommended for sure. Fished about 6 or 7 feet of water, ended up seeing a bunch of perch a couple whites and a few pike. Managed to get 2 through the ice, only 1 was a keeper, and very fat, maybe thats where the perch went. The white was very interested in a smaller smelt I had on a jig, nosed right up to it, if it had been a small minnow Im thinking it would have taken it. Lost 1 more pike, and the girlfriend lost one too, not bad for a hurricane. Without the camera the bigger pike wouldnt have gotten caught, it took a lot of convincing to get it to take the bait. The perch were curious, came right up and checked out the herring.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Banned

Atleast you got a couple Wayne..

I went out on Newell but couldn't get to where I wanted to go so I turned around and went over to R.H. Between yesterday and today I worked a path with my truck onto the dam on the east side where I was earlier in the winter. Once I got up on the dam it was easy going. Spent about 2 hrs out on the ice for 1 little hammer handle.. Pretty slow..
Old 02-12-2011, 07:02 PM

going to try again tomorrow, go a bit further south, at least to the island, hopefully more of the snow will melt tonight

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich