Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-12-2007, 02:04 AM

Thumbs up tyee43

Hey Dude I saw your article in BEAR HUNTING MAG. .... Very good read. As soon as I saw your pic I said hey that photo looks familiar.... Congrats !!! The divers must of cost a pretty penny aye?? Did you get your rug back yet?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Thanks!

Thanks Muddster!

Some of the grammatical editing was frustrating, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the article!

Jim Boland has done the desk mount of the skull on an nice wooden base, along with one of the mushroomed shells, the brass and a bronze plate with the details - it looks great, I just haven't had a chance to post the pics yet.

The skull had showed some real wear and tear...it looked like he had been kicked in the jaw by a moose (big healed crack and lost teeth) and one side of his skull had some damage where it looked like another bear had bitten him!

The hide will be tanned soon and I should be getting the rug back early in the new year! I'll post some pics when I get it back.

In the end result, the bear scored 20 2/16 B & C and 20 4/16 SCI.

Surprisingly, the divers were not that expensive (relatively speaking to recover my bear!) - I think that it was a couple hundred bucks each and then I tipped them on top of that...but it was worth every penny...

Thanks again,

tyee43