I told one person that lived in Edmonton

next weekend.. I am the guy in red;;;;

roflmao

David

Jackfish lake derby? lol
Old 01-05-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting41 View Post
Pound a dozen holes around the area u are fishing.....but just barely break the bottom of the ice, just enough to let the water up the hole, but not enough to let a hook through.........
Sit back and enjoy the show...............maybe i have problems?
Spit my coffee........lol might try that just for giggles

Mack
Old 01-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterRed View Post
I've always wanted to retaliate and get ignorant with the people who fish too close. Never have I had the nerve. If I did, I would drill a hole right beside them, sit in complete silence and just stare at them. May as well make it as awkward as possible.
HA HA or maybe relieve yourself right beside them.
I can't count the number of times I have been crowded out after setting up. Sometimes it's unavoidable (busy day along finite stretch of riverbank), and sometimes you just shake your head.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
If anyone wants to fish near me they just need to say hi.

I once drilled 8 holes at Spray. Worked my way out hole to hole from shore. Ended up fishing in the furthest.

I was into my 8th laker and 2 on the ice when a couple guys showed up. They wandered out...clearly could tell the holes were ones I drilled. I said hi. They said nothing.

They started fishing with their backs to me...not a ton of wind first thing.

They proceeded to drink beer and talk between the two of them...glancing over and talking when I was reeling up another.

I stayed put in one hole...having lots of success... Finally the sun started going down. I packed up to leave and one guy came right over before my chair had even cooled and dropped a line beside me.

As I wondered off he asked how deep I was fishing. I said it depends and left.

The holes they were fishing in were 14 feet deep. I was fishing in 65 feet of water.

Had they asked nicely I would of drilled a couple extra holes in the deep blue.

I think for some...fishing near others is due to a need for protection in a crowd if they are uncomfortable in the outdoors. Others need to fish near someone cause if someone was their first they must be good. Others see fish on the ice as proof to where all the fish live. Others are just too cheap to buy and auger.
My thoughts exactly
Old 01-05-2016, 01:01 PM

The needs of the many do not out weigh the needs of the few.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:11 PM

Had that happen to me a few times at McGregor along the dam wall. As many know it is about 2800 feet of dam wall and fishing is about the same for whites everywhere along the wall.

Last year I had a small group of people setup about 10 feet outside my tent when there must have been 300 feet of clear ice either side of me to choose from. It wasn't like I was pulling out dozens of fish at the time either (I think I had grand total of zero fish lol). They were of Asian descent (so am I) so I understand their lack of respect for personal space and the foreign concept of it. How I wish that my dog would have been very unruly that day lol.

What really got me pretty upset was that when they were leaving, one of them used my truck as a wind break to take a **** 3 feet from it. I was so close to losing it and taking a **** right on their car.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
Had that happen to me a few times at McGregor along the dam wall. As many know it is about 2800 feet of dam wall and fishing is about the same for whites everywhere along the wall.

Last year I had a small group of people setup about 10 feet outside my tent when there must have been 300 feet of clear ice either side of me to choose from. It wasn't like I was pulling out dozens of fish at the time either (I think I had grand total of zero fish lol). They were of Asian descent (so am I) so I understand their lack of respect for personal space and the foreign concept of it. How I wish that my dog would have been very unruly that day lol.

What really got me pretty upset was that when they were leaving, one of them used my truck as a wind break to take a **** 3 feet from it. I was so close to losing it and taking a **** right on their car.
That calls for an electric cattle fence wire thing. Try having a pee on one of those !!!!!!
Old 01-05-2016, 03:06 PM

I can understand the pain of the ignorance of fishing etiquette. There are different circumstances and different situations. Some can be ignorant, some can be kind and polite. I would think that it all depends on the situation. Who cares if someone is close, just be courteous.

We had people buzzing our tent yesterday because we had fish on the ice and nobody was seeing too much. I love it when I'm catching fish and people are continuously drilling holes. That tells me something. People have no patience. Two fellas that drilled about twenty holes beside us finally decided to leave and they came over to see how we were doing. we opened the door to talk to them and when they saw the fish, they walked into our tent, took a picture of our fish to tell their friends that they caught them, and left. We laughed. It was kind of weird but funny at the same time.

We all have different tolerance levels and all of our minds don't work the same.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:26 PM

Don't waste your time on inconsiderate individuals.
There are no excuses and people just need to use some common sense.If your not sure,then ask.Respect for everyone can go along way.
Its gotten to the point for me over the years i just go find my own piece of hardwater.I like most use my common sense to dictate what i should do when i arrive at any body of water regardless of the season.
Hassle free fishing everyone.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:39 PM

You keep catching fish while karma prevents the culprit from catching anything. We were at Snipe a few years back and my buddy was smashing the Perch and Whites one after another. He was literally putting on a clinic while listening to his tunes with his headphones. He had a good pile of fish beside him and this clown drives up and drills a hole no more than 4 feet away from him. I am not exaggerating I have never seen this or heard of this ever. Well my buddy is the calmest guy that you would ever meet. He continues to fish and yard them in one after the other having a blast listening to his tunes and laughing at this clown. We don't say anything either because it's pure comedy. After about 1 hour this clown gets up and leaves absolutely empty handed. He never caught one single fish in the hour and my buddy must have caught 25 plus. True story.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye101 View Post
You keep catching fish while karma prevents the culprit from catching anything. We were at Snipe a few years back and my buddy was smashing the Perch and Whites one after another. He was literally putting on a clinic while listening to his tunes with his headphones. He had a good pile of fish beside him and this clown drives up and drills a hole no more than 4 feet away from him. I am not exaggerating I have never seen this or heard of this ever. Well my buddy is the calmest guy that you would ever meet. He continues to fish and yard them in one after the other having a blast listening to his tunes and laughing at this clown. We don't say anything either because it's pure comedy. After about 1 hour this clown gets up and leaves absolutely empty handed. He never caught one single fish in the hour and my buddy must have caught 25 plus. True story.
Pushed the "LIKE" button on this story.

Dodger
Old 01-05-2016, 06:21 PM

me likey to but serious I think 100 feet should be the min. BJMO , but I think that's to crowded ! depends on lake maybe ?
Old 01-06-2016, 02:19 PM

Default too close

keep your fish hidden in a tote and no blood on ice or you will have company
Old 01-06-2016, 03:31 PM

There's a lake I fish late in the season where I sight fish for Whites with a fly rod out of my Drift boat in 2-3 FOW, it's awsome and I'm the only one out there. 2 weeks ago a buddy and I hit up the same spot...got out there around 4pm, drilled 20 or so holes, didn't fish and drove back to town. First thing in the morning we're back out there, quietly walk out to the holes and immediately we are into fish! There were half a dozen or so guys fishin a point at the entrance of this large bay we were in and my buddy who is prone to do hollers and screams like a little girl every time he catches fish drew there attention. It's probably 400 yards but at around 10am 2 guys walked over to us to see what we were catching and what all the fuss was about then politely asked if they could fish beside us. I said yes but to use the existing holes we drilled, showed them what we were using and they hustled off to there buddies! Long story short they had contacted some other friends who were on a different part of the lake, they showed up around noon drilling holes everywhere, we left shortly afterwards counting 13 of them. This past weekend my buddy and his Brother drove out there to employ that same strategy of drilling the night before only to discover those same guys along with 6 or 7 more spread out all over the place, they went home! I'm not terribly upset, I'm not a Whitefish guy, I maybe target them a couple times a year and there are quite a few areas on that lake that are similar to that particular bay it's just the easy access that made it nice! Having said that sometimes you just have to say NO!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:00 PM

Default My own fault

My own fault for going to the "easy spot" find a less fished body of wAter or a more remote spot or target a less popular species just because others are ignorant to proper fishing edicate doesn't give me the green light to be rude on a side note I've left a lake because there was one other person there just because I know how special it can be to have a whole lake to yourself!
Old 01-06-2016, 06:18 PM

The only thing I know...... there is nobody on this world who can catch MY fish or shoot my deer.......

Use shelters, who knows why you are so exciting... don't yield after every fish is on your hook
Old 01-07-2016, 12:49 PM

I've never had a problem with people fishing to close.
as metioned before, if it's a public lake people can fish wherever they want
Old 01-08-2016, 07:52 AM

If a chair isn't leaning against the hole, It's an open hole ! Just like at the slots.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
Perhaps you need a new coat
Love that coat